Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What's Your Longest Shot With A MLer? >

What's Your Longest Shot With A MLer?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What's Your Longest Shot With A MLer?

Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's Your Longest Shot With A MLer?

There seems to be a-lot of talk on here lately about shooting long distances. So let's here them...how far was your longest shot, Where did you hit the animal, what MLer did you use, Scope, Powder, Bullet/Sabot and Primer? What was the animal and how far did it go? Also if you have a goal of wanting to take a long shot what would the distance be?
Now Im not exact but this is close, My longest shot was around 185yds, I was using My CVA Accura V1 with a Leupold Ultimate Slam MLer Scope on 6 Power. I used 110gr's of Pyrodox RS Powder with a 240gr XTP Bullet and a MMP HPH-24 sabot and a Win W209 Primer. The animal was a Whitetail Buck Deer and he only went 27yds, the shot was a perfect heart shot and a complete pass through. Im just looking for a 200yd shot, I dont need anything further but if someday I can put togeather a long range shooter and I can put 3 shots out of 4 in a 3" group at 300yds I would'nt mind doing one that far, more practice.
(BP)
Old 01-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Dominant Buck

80-90 yards, open sights, T/C Renegade 54 caliber, 90 grains Pyrodex RS, and roundball. With the one shot I killed two deer. The ball passed through the first and broke the spine on the second one.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mine was 125 yards on a whitetail doe with one of the Sinful Sisters (.50 GM-LRH barrel, Renegade stock, 4X ProDiamond scope).

The load was 95 grains GOEX FFFg under a 250 grain Deep Curl.

The bullet clipped the rear of the right leg, center hit a rib going in, took out the top half of the heart and everything around it, center hit a rib going out, entered the inside center of the left front leg, blew the leg bone apart, and lodged in fragments under the skin of the off side shoulder. The deer traveled 40 yards after the shot (perhaps a tad less) and left no blood trail that I could detect.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Banned

148yds with open sights out of my old Winchester X150 and 150gr loose Pyrodex RS, 245gr Powerbelt. That ol gun is still dropping deer and bear! Im lucky that i sold it to a good guy who keeps in touch now and then to let me know how well it is still serving him.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

About 80 yds with open sights. When I first saw her at 40 yds, I could see she was crippled with a real bad limp. She dissapeared in the tall swamp grass before I could get a shot. When she reappeared she was about 70 yds, walking directly away and all I could see was her head. I settled my sights between her ears and touched her off. I didn't know if I hit her until I went to look for her. I found her spread eagle right where she was when I shot, with a bullet hole right between her ears. She had been hit with a bullet earlier during the regular firearms season and had a raging infection. The bones on one of her front legs were completely exposed in her shoulder area. The entire area was green and she had lost about half the hair on her body. I'm glad I took the shot as she had to be suffering horribly.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a Turkey at 277 yards with a Nula.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:51 AM
foo
Spike

Default Longest shot

My longest shot was,263 yards last year, the last day of Ohio's ML season. Using a 45 Knight DISC Extreme, shooting 100gr RS,Win 209, Knight 175 gr Red Hot, supplied tan sabot. Old Bushnell 3000 Elite scope. I held about 12 in over her back,(2 ears). Impact was a complete pass through heart lung shot, she dropped just in front of the 300 berm at the range. The only reason I took this shot was that she was standing in the the middle of our rifle range, just beyond the 250 target berm. We had been shooting our ML's the week before at the same range and had doped the drop on the 200, 250, 300, and 400 yd target dingers.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

On a harvest my longest shot has been 186 yards on cow elk. Slightly uphill and broadside. 120 grains T7-2f, .458-300 gr. Nosler Partition in a MMP Orange Sabot.

Just shooting for fun with a ML - 250 yards @ the farm
Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 AM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

About 120-125yds (not ranged) with my scoped knight .50 off my knee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.