Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Firestorm Cleaning/Lube? >

T/C Firestorm Cleaning/Lube?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Firestorm Cleaning/Lube?

Old 12-29-2011, 04:07 AM
Spike

Default T/C Firestorm Cleaning/Lube?

I have a T/C .50 Caliber "Firestorm" Flintlock I'm shooting PRB's and Goex BP out of at the Range for Hunting. The Bore Butter residue from T/C's Pre-lubbed Pillow Ticking Patches seem's to get stiff from the cold and with the fouling that occur's I think I need to start running a cleaning patch down the barrel more often.

What brand of Cleaner could I swab down the barrel then run a dry patch down after every 5 shot's?

Any info greatly appreciated.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

windex works great
Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Dominant Buck

When it is really cold, I use a windshield alcohol mix. And the colder it is, the more alcohol I use. I have even used pure 70% isopropyl alcohol to swab with. It will pull the fouling, and then a couple dry patches and the moisture is all gone.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:49 AM
Spike

Cayugad,

Are you talking say a 50/50 mix of Windshild Washer Fluid and Alcohol or is there some Winter Winshild Washer Fluid's that have Alcohol in them?

Josh,

Windex sound's interesting... Same Blue color as Window Washer Fluid. I will have to look and see if it has Alcohol in it to dry thing's up.