Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First Winter Buck

Old 12-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

Default First Winter Buck

Finally got some action with the new battery set up! Extremely happy now with the picture quality since hot wiring the camera to run off a 6 volt battery and a solar panel. I had some dogs by the camera as well and the quality was extremely crisp and clear.

But heres the new boy in town. Hes in the normal area the animals cross. Its called the Ice cube station now since its completely frozen solid :affraid:

In front of his hoof on the right side of the screen, you can see some urine sections. I have my feeder with a drip bag set up in it as well as some.. hell i forget what its called, but its that material you put on the ground to keep grass from popping up through, mainly something you use when you lay gravel down and want to keep grass/weeds from popping through. Anyway, the drip bag drips onto the spinner and when it comes on, slings it all over the shredded on material making a lure area for the deer. You can see him nosing it in the picture.

Im not sure if he urinated in this scrape or not but you can see him in the process of scraping at the area for a better sniff.

Hes a great looking little buck. I zoomed in on the pictures when they were full size and he is a 4x3 with great height. Width wise he needs many many years to grow. Certainly a nice big body on him as well.

Next spring/summer should be a good year to get things planted and other stuff built. Im tired of hauling water so maybe look for a pond liner.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Nice pics M.D. Heck, I would have been happy to see a buck of even that size in the woods this year.

No buck for me this year, had to eat a tag sandwich.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice setup MD. I will be doing my scouting work after our season is over. I will be back up to my property around mid jan. We have an additional two week turkey season 14 to 28 jan. Will so some hunting and scouting. I have about a 600 acre area in our club property that I am a hunt captain on.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

He may be a nice fat 4x4 next season. If I were you, I'd toss out a couple trophy rocks too. Will help with antler growth for next year and also provide necessary minerals for those nursing does. Thanks for posting. I almost forgot what a deer looked like. I haven't seen on since Nov. 8.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned

Hes certainly a pretty one and i hope to have some plots in next year so that should help antler growth. Its just really nice to be able to see them finally. I love getting out back and when im target shooting, see some deer off to the side bedded down just watching me LOL. Maybe thats a bad thing as they see what that shiny stick does.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Story and Pics MD.......dont know much about Muleys but Im sure they Taste Good!
(BP)
Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking buck, good luck with him MD
Old 12-28-2011, 03:58 AM
Typical Buck

Boy those blue skies sure look nice! What is the camera you're using? maybe I missed it in anther post; those seem like great quality photos to me.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Banned

Wildgame IR4