Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Traditions, carry on >

Traditions, carry on

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions, carry on

Old 12-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Traditions, carry on

When my brother and i were young, our mom taught us how to cook and bake, she was a stay at home mom and enjoyed cooking and especially baking during the holidays. she's been gone now some 7 years and every year since she's passed i carry on the tradition of baking. the snicker doodle cookies are in the oven,bananna and zucchini bread,along with apple and pumpkin pies all will be prepared by yours truly before tomorrow's dinner.for those of you who are fortunate to still have your mom's,hug them tight.Merry Christmas to each and everyone one of you and never let those holiday traditions die.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Merry Christmas to you also.

My mother loved to bake. In fact I never ate store bought bread until I went to the school lunch programs and wondered who would have made their bread taste like that? And when she was alive, the house was always filled with fresh bread smell, pies, cookies, you name it. I do miss that. Although my waist line does not.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:28 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

hey builder the wimmins are supposed to do that! Thats why they have smaller feet, so they can get closer to the stove and sink.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
hey builder the wimmins are supposed to do that! Thats why they have smaller feet, so they can get closer to the stove and sink.
I have no issues with that, even with size 13's. i have learned to adapt lol! i also cook most holidays and throughout the year, it's something i learned to enjoy!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Also note that at least 80% of profesional chefs are men.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by freebirdfb
Also note that at least 80% of profesional chefs are men.
yeah but many of that 80% are french soooo....