Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I'm wishing for a muzzleloader Christmas! >

I'm wishing for a muzzleloader Christmas!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I'm wishing for a muzzleloader Christmas!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dutch
Ooops! I just took another quick look at the Knight webpage. The Talley one piece mount is for the KP1 and not the Mountaineer. It looks like I will stay with the Williams sights.
Same with the DNZ,only made for the Kp1.if they ever start making them for the knight bolts, give them a try.excellent mounting system.i have one on my model 70 and on my Triumph.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

As I mentioned, I have used the Williams Streamlines on all my rifles. They allowed me to mount a short 4x scope on my model 70 because the front mount is extended. I have to tell you they look great on that rifle. They also work great in that they have never lost their zero in 18 years. The Williams shop is about 45 minutes from my house. Oddly enough you can buy them cheaper on the web, but for a few bucks more, plus a discussion with a knowledgeable person in person, I often shop there. Keep the money local when possible!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dutch
As I mentioned, I have used the Williams Streamlines on all my rifles. They allowed me to mount a short 4x scope on my model 70 because the front mount is extended. I have to tell you they look great on that rifle. They also work great in that they have never lost their zero in 18 years. The Williams shop is about 45 minutes from my house. Oddly enough you can buy them cheaper on the web, but for a few bucks more, plus a discussion with a knowledgeable person in person, I often shop there. Keep the money local when possible!
I looked at them last night on there site after you mentioned them and they do look like a nice set up.williams markets some very nice products.checked delivery status on my new M/L. it is still scheduled for delivery today..Waiting very impatiently
Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Builder,

Its not even my rifle and I am getting excited too!!! I know how you feel.

Last edited by Dutch; 12-22-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
I looked at them last night on there site after you mentioned them and they do look like a nice set up.williams markets some very nice products.checked delivery status on my new M/L. it is still scheduled for delivery today..Waiting very impatiently
good thing the christmas mailings have not slowed it down.

reminds you of when you where younger waiting for christmas morning? did ya sleep last night.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
good thing the christmas mailings have not slowed it down.

reminds you of when you where younger waiting for christmas morning? did ya sleep last night.
I slept well lol.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Fed EX just delivered my bullets and sabots. UPS is scheduled today with the rifle.can you say impatient lol.oopsss, now UPS is rolling up with the rifle!!!gotta go..
Old 12-22-2011, 03:33 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
we expect a full range report tomorrow
Tomorrow? it's 10:25 PM and i just got back from the movies. lil lady drug me out to shop and see the new Sherlock Holmes movie( great movie) only had about 5 minutes to look at new rifle.to make things worse, i didn't order a .45 cal loading jab when i ordered bullets and sabots i don't think anyone local carries them either. will check out Jernigans SG tomorrow.