Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mmmmmm good!

Old 12-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nysbowhunter
That's why I love this forum, There are so many people like me out there. The inside tenders are mine....I have said that for years, I feel I did the draggin' and thats the reward. Lately though since its just my Wife and I anymore we make a heck of a meal out of them. And Breechplug check this out since we are practically neighbors premier wines in buffalo sells Crown Royal Cask 16 for around 40 bucks this time of year. That's $170 bottle of whiskey for 40 bucks. After it's all done and I mean ALL done (guns cleaned and put away) there is nothing smoother to warm me old bones. Doug.
Where exactly is South Chautauqua City NY? Im in Fredonia. I bet you'd like to have the plates on my truck, I've had them since I bought the Ford Truck new back in 1990, yep she's still going and she was made in Nov of 89, a true deer hualing machine. Crown Roya Cask huh,,,,,I think I've had a bottle or two of that, again only for medicimal pourposes
(BP)
Attached Thumbnails Mmmmmm good!-dsc00652.jpg   Mmmmmm good!-dsc00654.jpg  
Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Sometimes it's beer, but from Canada, the real Beer that they dont sell in the states. There's nothing like real beer from Canada. (BP)
That's cause they don't use pure water like in the states. It's laced with moose urine!!

I like my venison backstraps or steak with a bit of seasoning sale, fresh ground black pepper and seared in a hot cast iron pan for 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
..........................I like my venison backstraps or steak with a bit of seasoning sale, fresh ground black pepper and seared in a hot cast iron pan for 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
Indeed!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Spike

Breechplug, Those plates are sweet, I wish i would have thought of that! Them Fords make good deer haulers, I have one too. I updated my location, I should have wrote that out a little better. Anyway I'm from Kennedy and we got them big deer down here too. I have been pretty lucky over the years but no bucks this year I never found the big boys I was looking for and since I had a fat Doe in the freezer I was pretty picky. I am trying to get some pics of a buck that my friends neighbor found dead right next to a stand that I killed my Doe out of (in Busti) 16 point non typical and unofficially green scored at 158, What a shame. My friends son killed a 10 point near there sunday with a old $30 wal-mart special percussion rifle, Now thats cool. It's gonna make a dandy mount. As for the cask 16 Crown Royal It's the top of the line. Aged in Cognac barrels. Hands down the best Whiskey on the planet. IMO. Doug.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Well, You guys did it!! made me fire-up the grill for lunch (pretty nice here in Mn. today almost 30degrees) MmmmmmmmmmmmmmGOOOOD

Venison burger & a little "Mn. Red"
Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nysbowhunter
Breechplug, Those plates are sweet, I wish i would have thought of that! Them Fords make good deer haulers, I have one too. I updated my location, I should have wrote that out a little better. Anyway I'm from Kennedy and we got them big deer down here too. I have been pretty lucky over the years but no bucks this year I never found the big boys I was looking for and since I had a fat Doe in the freezer I was pretty picky. I am trying to get some pics of a buck that my friends neighbor found dead right next to a stand that I killed my Doe out of (in Busti) 16 point non typical and unofficially green scored at 158, What a shame. My friends son killed a 10 point near there sunday with a old $30 wal-mart special percussion rifle, Now thats cool. It's gonna make a dandy mount. As for the cask 16 Crown Royal It's the top of the line. Aged in Cognac barrels. Hands down the best Whiskey on the planet. IMO. Doug.
Kennedy, heck your just down the road on Rt60 from me. Chautauqua County has some of the Best Whitetail Deer Hunting in the Country, we grow some BIG Bucks here for sure, I've been fortunate to get a few of them.
Yea I hold out for the Big One through Archery, if I dont see at least a 140-150 Class Buck I pass on the rest and save my Tag for Late MLing, there's no need to take a smaller buck when I can let him grow, and I know that I could have taken a few so going without does'nt bother me when someone ask if I got a Buck.
I then hold out with My Regular Season Buck Tag for a good one too, I usually wait untill the last couple of days of the regular season and If I dont see a big one I'll fill that Tag and still know I have My Late ML Buck Tag. My Wife also Hunts and she was fortunate again this opening Day to tag a nice 9pt, I took a big ol fat Doe so the freezer is always full. Plus on the Last day of our regular season at 4:28pm I took a 5pt.
But out Late ML Season came and ended tonight, I never saw a decent Buck, I could have taken a couple of smaller ones or some does but passed on em all. We already had 3 deer in the freezer and that's pleanty enough for me and my wife. I have no regrets about this Season except for a SNOWLESS Regular and Late MLer Season, that Does'nt happen much here and Im sure you know that.
(BP)
Old 12-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DocD
Well, You guys did it!! made me fire-up the grill for lunch (pretty nice here in Mn. today almost 30degrees) MmmmmmmmmmmmmmGOOOOD

Venison burger & a little "Mn. Red"
Is Mn. Red some Home Made Wine? OL Breechplug is a Farmer and Farms Grapes......I just happen to make some of the best homemade Dago Red (Concord) wine there is. I only made 30 Gallons this year but one glass of this 18% stuff with warm you right up, a couple will do the job and a bottle will make you do things you should'nt
This is a pic of the wine working in my Den, the wife hates it because of the Mess She says, but I dont care, It's My Den
We enjoy this with our Grilled Tenderloins and Chops.
(BP)
Attached Thumbnails Mmmmmm good!-dsc00668.jpg