Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
another confirmed kill >

another confirmed kill

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

another confirmed kill

Old 12-17-2011, 04:53 PM
mountaineer magic

Default another confirmed kill

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope that wasn't THE weasel. Glad you nailed it Chet!! Them critter are just fine a way out, but not so good to have around the farm. Sure wish we could keep chickens here.

Forgot to mention; them kids and the farm sure are looking good. What about Bucky?
Old 12-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I had a weasel living in my house one winter. Never had a mouse problem. The dog and him finally came to terms in the living room one evening and that was the end of that. But while a weasel on a farm with livestock is no good, they do have a purpose in life. And that is rodent control. A weasel will kill a mouse a day, sometimes more. But if it is chickens they were after, then you have to do what you have to do.

That is a heck of a tribe you have there. No wonder you need all that venison. And what beautiful gardens you have. I guess you can a lot.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love details, wont bore me a bit. Let's hear the details.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's a Family! Too bad you dont live around here, My Buddys and I usually have a few Tags unfilled, and twords the end of the season if there's someone who needs a extra Deer or two were more than happy to fill there needs.
I know what it's like to raise chickens and pigs and cows, we did that for many years along with a Big Garden, we still do that. It's great when the whole family helps out and sure helps with the Food Bills.
All I can say is GOD Bless You ALL!
(BP)
Old 12-18-2011, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you found the little bugger.
Not to steal your thread, but it's kind of a long the same line. I noticed we've been getting a lot less eggs for a couple weeks. Set out live traps but only caught cats. The other morning the dog was going nuts trying to get under one of the sheds. It didn't take long and he chased this out, across the driveway into the middle of the pasture and up a tree. I thought he was after a cat at first. I went out to get him and saw what it was so I came back in to grab a gun. Kirby (the dog) started to follow me so it came down the tree. Kirby went after it and got it back up another tree and held it there until I got back. It's the most useful thing I think he's ever done.
Attached Thumbnails another confirmed kill-racoon.jpg  
Old 12-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are growing Chet. Love that garden, ours is less than half what it use to be. We are empty nesters now with my youngest son in college. BUT we have opened up the upstairs of our big farmhouse for the holidays when at least two of my boys will be spending a week or more with us.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 AM
mountaineer magic

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chet, Do you can some of your venison? I haven't done that but had some at a friends place and that was excellent.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:07 PM
mountaineer magic

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.