Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In >

Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In

Old 11-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lee, you have about eight years on me. I didn't realize you were such an old fart.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Count me in with the old guys. Semi is two years older then me. And I am with him on deer harvest. I wrenched my back twice this year dragging two heavy does through the woods. If I keep this up, I will have to make trip to the doctors for more zanaflex for my back. but I gotta admit that stuff with some oxy really make for a nice night and no pain. Have to watch that stuff, it is potent. It calls for two of the oxy's and one zanaflex and I thought I was on my way to the starts. I only use one of the ozy pills now.

BP glad to hear you on the forum. Had not heard from you in a while. KNow you have been busy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FORUM BUDDIES!!!

Old 11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
Count me in with the old guys. Semi is two years older then me. And I am with him on deer harvest. I wrenched my back twice this year dragging two heavy does through the woods. If I keep this up, I will have to make trip to the doctors for more zanaflex for my back. but I gotta admit that stuff with some oxy really make for a nice night and no pain. Have to watch that stuff, it is potent. It calls for two of the oxy's and one zanaflex and I thought I was on my way to the starts. I only use one of the ozy pills now.

BP glad to hear you on the forum. Had not heard from you in a while. KNow you have been busy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FORUM BUDDIES!!!

Good to hear from you too rafsob! Another one with a Bad Back, I know how it is. When I was 17 and Playing Football in High School I injured My Lower Back, crushed My L4 and L5. Every now and then I'll throw it out but I refuse to still ack My age.
I still cut Logs in the woods and Carry them 300 pounders on My Shoulders to MY Truck, but then one day I'l just bend over to tie My Shoes and Im done for a week, I just never know when it's gonna happen. I refused to have an Operation,
I did do a BAD thing 5 years ago when I was on Pain Pills for My Back, I'd take them in the Morning with My Coffee and NOT EAT, then go to Work. Well after about 3 Months of doing this one day O thought I was having a Heart Attack, My Wife Connie rushed me to the Hospital.....Long Story Short them Dang Pain Pills ate a Hole in My Stomache, My Heart was Fine. But I could hardly even drink plain Water and No Spicy or Greasy Foods as this would make Me feel like I could'nt Breath. It took over 4 Years for My Stomach to Heal, No More Pain Pills for Me unless I absolutely have to do them.
I'll be 50 this December 31st and even though Im gonna be 50 and have a Bad Back I can still drag out 2 Does by Myself, and the drag was over 2 Miles with My ML. I still Carry out Logs on My Shoulders and I will still outwalk anyone in My Hunting Party and Not Break a Sweat doing it. Last Saturday, Opening Day My Friends Nephew who shot a Big Doe was dragging out His Deer, He's only 16, I was Dragging out My Wife Connies 9pt right with Him, He had to stop because He was Sweating so Bad, I did'nt even Break a Sweat. He asked Me how Old I was and why I was'nt sweating like Him and how in the heck can I do it, I just thought to Myself because I refuse to Act My Age and I Love what I do, not a good reason but I'll take it. I still have an ocassional Smoke and a Short Glass of Crown every now and then, If Im gonna go out Im gonna do it doing what I Love to Do.
Today was'nt the Best of Thanksgiving Days for Hunting, Not Many Guy's out.....I'll Post a Few Pics.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Stay young my friend and keep having fun in the woods.

When I deal with drugs, I am very cautious. After my open heart surgery, they gave me a lot of super pain pills. I ended up flushing them down the toilet and stayed with over the counter stuff.

I have two tags left and am still looking for the big guy. If not I will tag a coupe of deer for a needy family in our hunt club camp area. They are an Amish family and our club is trying to help them make it through the year. Been a good year for me and I want to help someone in need.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not the Best Thanksgiving Days for Hunting that I have had. I have never seen so Few Hunters out and the Shots I heard were far and few between.
I did see some Deer but No Shooters, Im blaming it on our Weather, warm, in the high to low 50's. This Friday and Saturday are forecasted to be in the low to mid 60's! with No SNOW untill December 1st, that'll still give me about 20 Days to Hunt untill it's all over.
Here's a few Pics I took today.....
The first one is some of the Swamp I have to go through, the next is a Big Beaver Dam the Beavers built accross the Swamp, the next is the Swamp and the (Double Pine Tree) that I have to get to, it's in the Far Right Hand side of the Picture. The next is a Island that's surrounded by the Swamp, the Deer like it here.
Attached Thumbnails Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In-dsc00564.jpg   Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In-dsc00565.jpg   Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In-dsc00560.jpg   Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In-dsc00557.jpg  
Old 11-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a couple of more Pics.......The first is the Double Pine Tree tha I Hunt From, it's the Pine Tree in the Back to the right, next to it is the Island that you can only get to with Chest Waders.
The next is what a Beaver did to a Cherry Tree, I cant believe what this Beaver is thinking, this is a Big Tree, it must have taken him forever to do this.
The next is a Fish that I assume a Beaver caught and pulled ashore and ate. I could'nt tell what kind of a Fis it is and I know My Fish. There's Carp, Suckers and Bass in the Swamp but this one looks like neither, does nayone have a clue what kind of a Fish it is?
Attached Thumbnails Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In-dsc00556.jpg   Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In-dsc00558.jpg   Putting on the Chest Wadders on Tomorrow and Going In-dsc00561.jpg  
Old 11-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Breechplug, that's a real hunt right there. I almost wonder if a little boat, like a wee lassie, stored back in there wouldn't give you even more mobility?
My buddy and I did a trip at Fawn Lake in the ADK's, boated in w/ all our gear for a few days. What a great time paddling to get on stand in the morning! Didn't actually even see any deer though...

There was a lot of deer movement and quite a few shots around 9:00 this morning; finally saw a little chasing as a spike ran 3 does by me maybe 15 feet away, he was grunting the whole time. It made me wonder what would happen if they met up w/ the big boy I've seen around?
My guess on that fish is a smallmouth bass, pretty good size though.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 3seasons
Breechplug, that's a real hunt right there. I almost wonder if a little boat, like a wee lassie, stored back in there wouldn't give you even more mobility?
My buddy and I did a trip at Fawn Lake in the ADK's, boated in w/ all our gear for a few days. What a great time paddling to get on stand in the morning! Didn't actually even see any deer though...

There was a lot of deer movement and quite a few shots around 9:00 this morning; finally saw a little chasing as a spike ran 3 does by me maybe 15 feet away, he was grunting the whole time. It made me wonder what would happen if they met up w/ the big boy I've seen around?
My guess on that fish is a smallmouth bass, pretty good size though.
Breechplugs not as Dumb as You thought I have a Boat there, I mostly use it for Duck and Geese Hunting, but it's a Pain to use it usually during Hunting Season as there's too much Snow and Ice on the Swamp. It's easier just to cut my way through with My Waders, and a-lot safer.......I wont tell you about the one time I fell out of the Boat in the Water in the Dark......
Old 11-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Snakehead!