HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/353743-does-anyone-else-hunt-there-wife-girlfriend-opening-day.html)

nchawkeye 11-17-2011 03:05 AM

She doesn't hunt, I don't shop... :)

ADVWannabee 11-17-2011 03:21 AM

I got my wife into deer hunting last season. Well, I wouldn't say I got her into it, I coaxed her into going. She got a shot finally but missed. Fortunately I bagged the deer she missed the next evening.

This year I took her opening day with her dad. Her dad is the one who got me into deer hunting as I was a small game hunter before that. Anyway, we watched a couple does in the field that eventually left. Two more does showed up but seemed to be spooked by our blind and they left. Finally, just before dark, a nice little 6 ptr showed up. He was browsing in the field and gave her all the time in the world. She rushed the shot and missed. So that is 2 misses in 2 years. She thought I would be upset but I was only disappointed for her and not in her as I really would like to see her get a deer.

I am not sure she is going to stick with hunting, but I do hope to get her a deer before she gives it up.

rdpettit 11-17-2011 04:26 AM

hell no!!!!!!!!!

lemoyne 11-17-2011 05:09 AM

Treasure what you have. My wife hunted with me for 46 years then died of cancer now I hunt alone and its not the same or near as much fun. She hunted with bow and muzzleloader and brought home a lot of deer.

falcon 11-17-2011 05:54 AM

My wife sometimes hog hunts with me. She also goes along to check the hog traps. After watching one episode of Lady Hoggers; i'm trying to convince her of her need for a set of DDs.:D

oilcan72 11-17-2011 06:37 AM

Hello,

My wife wants to try hunting, which I am willing to get her set up to go next season. She wants to try waterfowl and deer I have 2 rifles so I'll probably let her try it.

oilcan72

Doug100g 11-17-2011 12:32 PM

My wife enjoys hunting in a heated blind. And her biggest worry is the bathroom situation because.....there is none.

D

MountainDevil54 11-17-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Doug100g (Post 3877658)
My wife enjoys hunting in a heated blind. And her biggest worry is the bathroom situation because.....there is none.

D

Sure there is. Plenty of bushes out there to go behind.

Breechplug 11-17-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3877671)
Sure there is. Plenty of bushes out there to go behind.

I said the same thing to My Wife on where to go, but I also told Her to watch out because there's a-lot of Guy's out there Whitetail Hunting:D

mjac 11-17-2011 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3877284)
Maybe one of these days i'll find one that understands.

When you do, ask her if she has a sister.................or a daughter.