HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/353743-does-anyone-else-hunt-there-wife-girlfriend-opening-day.html)

Breechplug 11-16-2011 05:30 PM

Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?

Just wondering if anyone out there Hunts with there Wives or Girlfriends on Opening Day??? or any other time...
I used to get some words from My Hunting Buddies because I take My Wife with Me on Opening Day but now there all used to Her and actually Enjoy Her being there, they think it's COOL:sign0016:
Sure Opening Day is a Special Time but for over that Last 25 Years I've gone out with My Wife, She's Missed a few times but I look forward to being with Her and let Her Shoot First. unless of Course it's a Booner:devil:
The Hardest part of it is getting Her up as She works 3-11 and I get up at 4:30 if I even sleep at all, but after all the Bitching and hearing IM NOT GOING!!!!!!!!! She gets up and goes and has a Great Time! I know I have the rest of the Season to Hunt by Myself minus 1-2 more times She goes out, but having Her there is the High Light of My Opening Day, especially when She Scores:arms:

MountainDevil54 11-16-2011 05:33 PM

Nope, i usually get rid of my GF around hunting time due to all the complaining about the $$ i spend on muzzleloading during the summer.

Maybe one of these days i'll find one that understands. For now, just Muley and I will be out on opening day next year :D

Muley Hunter 11-16-2011 05:37 PM

When I was married. My wife hated hunting. She didn't like guns. She didn't like the meat. She didn't like the killing. She didn't like the time I spent doing it.

I'm single now. :D

MountainDevil54 11-16-2011 05:39 PM

At times i feel like im watching myself type, 40 years from now haha.

HEAD0001 11-16-2011 05:41 PM

I take my girl friend hunting. We have hunted together for years(might as well be my wife). She does not MZ hunt. She is strictly a meat hunter. She likes to dance around the house and sing that stupid song. If you remeber the one---"I can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan".

I had MGM make a barrel for an extra Encore frame I had several years back. I had them cut an 18" barrel and chambered it in 30 carbine for her to shoot. I load the Sierra 130 grain single shot bullet they made for 30 caliber single shot handguns. And I tell you one thing for sure. She is flat out deadly with that rifle to 75 yards. The round has almost zero recoil, and the single shot bullet does a great job on deer. Tom.

sconnyhunter 11-16-2011 05:43 PM

My wife has gone with me a few times.
Not recently, our children are still fairly young.
Though now that her sister hunts, there is talk of buying land between the four of us (her sister and husband and my wife and I), and then we could all hunt the same place. That would get her our more again.

Breechplug 11-16-2011 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 3877288)
When I was married. My wife hated hunting. She didn't like guns. She didn't like the meat. She didn't like the killing. She didn't like the time I spent doing it.

I'm single now. :D

I was gonna say I know why Your Not Married Anymore......The Nerve of some Women!
My Wife came from a Hunting Family, She Loves Deer Meat and all the rest of the Game Animals we bring Home, that's why I Picked her. My Daughter when Young also Would'nt Eat Anything unless I told Her it was Deer, Elk, Bear or anything but Beef.
Harvested Animals make up 90% of our Yearly Diet, you can say WE WILL HUNT FOR FOOD!

Semisane 11-16-2011 06:11 PM

My wife of 44 years has never had the least interest in hunting. Wouldn't go even if I promised her a new car. But she likes venison and has no problem with my passion for hunting and guns.

I convinced her to go on a few fishing trips when we were younger. But once she realized the marriage wouldn't fail if she didn't, she decided she would rather do something more fun - like get a root canal.

cayugad 11-16-2011 06:17 PM

When I was married I took the wife one time. We were sitting in the snow watching a trail. A buck started walking towards us. I was getting the gun up when she yelled, "Run for your life he has a gun." She then apologized and said she would be at the house.

A girlfriend I was dating loved to go hunting with me. But I had to make her stop because she would be in the blind with me and suddenly get bored and decided she was not interested in hunting anymore. I am a serious hunter and she ... lets just say, was not. So she was told to stay home.

ronlaughlin 11-16-2011 06:20 PM

So she has 41, er............. 38, er....................43 root canal now? Does she have pretty teeth? Do you have pretty teeth?

In our house, i kill the meat, i cook the meat; she and i eat the meat. She sure works hard whilst i am fishing, and hunting. What a great old gal she is! She only has one root canal, or maybe none; i can't remember.