HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Got a problem wih my Mountaineer. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/353661-got-problem-wih-my-mountaineer.html)

mountaineer magic 11-15-2011 12:31 PM

Got a problem wih my Mountaineer.

It seems that it only kills 5x5's. I filled my rifle tag today and once again it was a 5x5 whitetail. I love rifle season though because I can scope my muzzleloader , which sure makes it easier. I will get photos posted later . Now all I can hunt are doe until the Dec muzzy season. The wife has a whitetail buck tag so I guess I can spend time helping her. 500 points for team 1. , but I won't be much help now til Dec 8th except for a doe here or there. Will post photos and info later this evening

pluckit 11-15-2011 01:01 PM

I don't think I would send the rifle back for a problem like that. I would consider changing professions and become a hunting guide if I were you. I'm looking forward to the photo's, congratulations.

cayugad 11-15-2011 01:04 PM

congratulations.. on a terrible problem rifle. I could cure that and hide it at my house for you. Then you would not be reminded of it...

Muley Hunter 11-15-2011 01:26 PM

Only 5x5's?

I'd sell it. :p

mountaineer magic 11-15-2011 01:36 PM

Photos of todays deer.Knight Mountaineer. 120 gr blackhorn 209
250 gr bloodline bullet. Winchester primer, Nikon Omega BDC scope. 207 yards prone from bipod
. He only went 20 yards and collapsed.
Now I will spend time helping find the wife a deer til muzzy season. I had planned on finding a Mulie for my rifle tag but I just didnt have the necessary resraint to pass on this guy. Hopefully I will get a mulie with my muzzy tag in december.

Muley Hunter 11-15-2011 01:42 PM

In Colorado that's called a 5 point.

We underplay everything here.

mountaineer magic 11-15-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 3876613)
congratulations.. on a terrible problem rifle. I could cure that and hide it at my house for you. Then you would not be reminded of it...

I doubt you have room at your house:biggrin:

mountaineer magic 11-15-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 3876634)
In Colorado that's called a 5 point.

We underplay everything here.

glad we aint in Colorado. here its a 5x5 . Kinda wish I was back east. it would be a 10 point then. That sounds even better:biggrin:

sabotloader 11-15-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic (Post 3876640)
glad we aint in Colorado. here its a 5x5 . Kinda wish I was back east. it would be a 10 point then. That sounds even better:biggrin:

Tom sent me a note about your latest and he called a 10 point...

I mailed this back at him....

In the West where we do things right... that is not a 10 point!!!! it is 5 point or 5x5... Wish you guys in the east would figure that out :confused0024:

Semisane 11-15-2011 02:23 PM

I don't understand why you guys out West are unable to count points. :confused: What, are you afraid the numbers will get too big to handle? :s2: A point is a point. Ten points are ten points.

What do you call a whitetail with 4 points on one side and 2 on the other? A four, or a two? Even semi-sane people know it's a six. :biggrin: