Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
knight original disc question >

knight original disc question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight original disc question

Old 11-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default knight original disc question

I purchased a 50 cal original disc rifle a few years back, I used T7 fff 70grains of powder, for bullets I tried 200 & 250 grain shockwaves. didn't get real good accuracy with either , what am I doing wrong. do I need to increase my powder charge ? what do you recommend ? how much powder do I dare use in this gun? I really like the shockwaves in my other bp guns.
Thanks Steve
Old 11-13-2011, 05:17 PM
mountaineer magic

100 to 130 work well in most of my Disc guns

Old 11-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

120 grains of loose 2f is considered the max load. The rifle can handle three pellets but the accuracy is terrible. I have an original Knight Disc rifle. First off I am not a fan of 3f powder in my inline rifles. Now granted a lot of people make it work. I have just as good of results with 2f powder. Also if I had to choose between Pyrodex RS and Triple Seven 2f.. unless I was shooting conicals, I would take the Pyrodex RS every time.

The other day I was shooting two 50 grain Pyrodex RS pellets and a 300 grain XTP .452 in a HPH-24 sabot with amazing accuracy at 52 yards. I did not try it further but if groups size is an indication of one distance in relation to another, even the 100 yard group would have been good.

My rifle also shoots 200 .40 caliber and 250 grain Shockwaves real well. Here is what I would try.. kick that powder charge up to 90 grains and see what happens. And be sure to use a snug sabot and swab between shots.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by steviebiggun
I purchased a 50 cal original disc rifle a few years back, I used T7 fff 70grains of powder, for bullets I tried 200 & 250 grain shockwaves. didn't get real good accuracy with either , what am I doing wrong. do I need to increase my powder charge ? what do you recommend ? how much powder do I dare use in this gun? I really like the shockwaves in my other bp guns.
Thanks Steve
Your scope and bases or sights good to go?

I would say, up it to 100gr of the FFF T7 for the 250 and compress the load and as was said swab well and see what happens then
Old 11-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

your knight will shoot 120gr powder max just fine and for pellets 150gr max and with the bullet your shooting 100gr to 110gr should work and for sabot harvester black crush rib or MMP-24 should work well
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have the original knight with the 26 inch barrel and it like the 300 sst and it really likes the Deep curl 250 with excellent accuracy i use 777 3f with 100 grains of powder
Old 11-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

70 grains is kind of light. Before you switch bullets, I would try 100 grains loose. If that doesn't do it, bump it to 110 grains loose.