Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight 52 Disc Extreme Range Report >

Knight 52 Disc Extreme Range Report

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight 52 Disc Extreme Range Report

Old 10-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Knight 52 Disc Extreme Range Report

Well got all the things from Knight so made some shots today will add the photo's and update with comments!!!

Triple 7 FFF 120gr
Win 209 primer
Cast Performance LBT .475 Diameter 375gr LFNGC
Knight High Pressure Sabot .475
Swabbed with Gojo
Bushnell Trophy XLT 4–12x 40mm

Played around with a few different loads messed around with 90gr then 100gr the she keep saying feed me more so ended with 120gr
All targets were shot at 100 yards these were the only targets I had and they are small bore 50 yard targets in a lead sled!!

First target just messing around after getting her on paper

Final Target the first three were in the group together then I put some pressure on the barrel in the lead sled and she opened up on the top two just wanted to see what would happen. Then swabbed with gojo and shot the last one in the center bull was pretty much luck but I was smiling when I looked in to the spotting scope!!!!

Also picked up the spin jag and the spin jag loader made a hell of a easy time loading the sledge hammers!!!

Here is a picture of the Sledge Hammer not really allot of recoil in this gun !!!!

Final photo of the primers after the conversion was installed I used just one light pass with white tape and after 10 shots broke the breech plug loose was like it was putting it in easy as pie !!!

Last edited by donjose; 10-30-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Added scope info and cleaned up post
Old 10-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

It looks like you had a good time. You really swabbed with Gojo? That's a first for that. I bet you can't wait to shoot some more. Those .52 calibers are new to me. I don't own one, I am happy to say. Nice shooting.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Yea Dave,
GOJO the original version!!
When I bought my first blackpowder rifle in the late 90 my old boss used it and thats what I have been using since.
I have some other bullets but I really wanted to get these big ol lead chunks to shoot I will start working with the other bullets that are 45-70 bullets soon.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

donjose

Glad to see that you are finally getting to pull the trigger on that big bad boy...
Old 10-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Mike,
Sure was fun today learned a few things as well.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Yea Dave,
The Gojo really cleans the gunk out and keeps your hands clean as well
Old 10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I will have to try that myself... I have a lot of hand cleaner around here.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't Gojo pretty gritty though? I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to run that down my barrel, but it probably does clean decently.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Here is a picture of the Sledge Hammer not really allot of recoil in this gun !!!!"

Does anything recoil in a lead sled?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't you just love those shots that go perfect through the center? Sighting in last year and my last shot did that. I know it was a lot of luck and but didn't stop me from being pretty proud.
Looks like a good day and you're ready for deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.