Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Don't Shoot the Messenger... TC vs CVA-Traditions >

Don't Shoot the Messenger... TC vs CVA-Traditions

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Don't Shoot the Messenger... TC vs CVA-Traditions

Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
Western wouldn't be involved in the suit. they were contracted by CVA, who markets it for use on there products.with all due respect, this is a legitimate suit and long over due and applies to a lot of products copied from U.S company's and made out of country with cheap labor,then shipped back assembled or to a plant here for assembly.in the end it's not CVA's fault

First off let me say that I am not a CVA supporter. Personally I do not care for their product.

BUT.

The logic you are using in your argument is convoluted.

You are stating that Western Powders is not the manufacturer. So they should not be sued. And that is true. But you also need to realize that CVA is also NOT the manufacturer. They are only a tradename. They physically make NOTHING.

So using your logic then we should go after the manufacturer?? In that I agree. But CVA IS NOT the manufacturer. They are simply the marketer.

You are right that we need to strengthen our trade laws. Both domestically and internationally. I totally agree with you there.

But I believe your anger is mis-placed here. It is not CVA who has sinned. It is whoever manufactured the prduct. In this case-Bergera-not CVA.

The real problem is that business has become so complex and so inter-twined that assigning responsibilty becomes more and more shaded every year. This is one additional reason why companies like TC and S&W have higher prices. They are stand alone independent manufacturers that have to stand behind their product. If you think for one second that CVA would stand behind Bergera if Bergera was found to be at fault?? Then you better think again. Tom.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wouldn't BPI be the one absorbing the lawsuit?
Old 10-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone who has lost their job to foreign markets would surely be on TC's side. Myself included....BPS
Old 10-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

TC employees lost their jobs to S&W.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
TC employees lost their jobs to S&W.
Some did and even more when the plant was uprooted and moved to a different state....
Old 10-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Some did and even more when the plant was uprooted and moved to a different state....
That's what I was talking about. I have no hard feelings for S&W. I was born and brought up in Springfield Mass.

I do have to wonder if TC cared about the employees that were going to lose their jobs when they sold out. Which I understand they didn't have to, but were greedy for the money. I have no love for TC.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Since Knight made the first real inline, "

Wrong.

IN-LINES
A plethora of designs for use with the new percussion principle appeared in the early 1800's. The
Swiss genius Pauley invented the paper cap, then invented a percussion muzzleloader in 1808 and
breech-loader in 1812. His 1808 patent was the first to design and patent a muzzleloading in-line action
in which the **** of the sidelock was replaced by a cylindrical hammer driven by a coil spring.

And I believe that H&R had the first inline muzzleloader actually on the market in 1972 being the H&R Huntsman in 45 and 58 caliber.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
That's what I was talking about. I have no hard feelings for S&W. I was born and brought up in Springfield Mass.

I do have to wonder if TC cared about the employees that were going to lose their jobs when they sold out. Which I understand they didn't have to, but were greedy for the money. I have no love for TC.
And sometimes smaller companies are forced to sell out to the larger giant even when they really do not want to.

S&W had the ability to block and force the sale or bankrupt the smaller TC.

Sometimes 'capitalism' can get really ugly...

Last edited by sabotloader; 10-29-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
tc hurtin for money. all that is

check out the lawsuits against knight for copyright infringement.

This goes on all day long
Zip up your fly MD,your Bias is showing
Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tom CVA is part of the lawsuit as is Bergara. CVA and Bergara are owned by BPI inc lol. the lawsuit does not name western powders and it never will. the BP aspect of the lawsuit pertains to the original QRBP, which is made by bergara..we can debate fine points, but in the end CVA and Bergara are one in the same. owned by a corporation, that happens to have a lot of dollars, which were made possible by(well i don't need to tell you who) lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.