Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Powerbelt vs Barnes >

Powerbelt vs Barnes

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Powerbelt vs Barnes

Old 10-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TNHagies
I guess I just don't understand why after your experiences using the Thors you'd even consider using a PB anymore.
I like MD a lot and he posts a lot of good info, but I think it's obvious to all of us why he keeps using and recommending the Powerbelts.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I like MD a lot and he posts a lot of good info, but I think it's obvious to all of us why he keeps using and recommending the Powerbelts.

Thats funny you really believe MD is a major player in PB bullet world?

If PB wants to have people on there pro team I am sure they have the money to get bigger name pro's to use them on there tv shows!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I hate it when someone uses this term...I had a fellow say this one evening after shooting a doe and make a half hearted effort to retrieve her...I made him go back and show me where she was and which way he thought she went...Well, she went about 250 yards and it took me 2 hours to track her...He was whining like a 12 year old the whole time, couldn't understand why I would spend so much time when it was "Just a doe"...

I haven't invited him back...

Don't be so flippant about taking a doe...It should be done quickly and efficently...
We were talking about killing power of bullets. Not the value of an animal. I put more value on an animal that most. I've also never lost one.

I was talking about a doe wasn't hard to kill compared to the elk I also hunt.

A 300gr Aerolite with 80 gr of BH 209 will do just fine on a doe. I don't take 200yd shots.

I would think you'd know me by now to say i'm flippant about any animal. I'm sort of pissed at that remark.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by donjose
Thats funny you really believe MD is a major player in PB bullet world?

If PB wants to have people on there pro team I am sure they have the money to get bigger name pro's to use them on there tv shows!!!!
Wrong! Jon's tests are all over the internet. Which has millions of viewers. Google questions about Powerbelts, or even Thors, and you be flooded with Jon's tests. Just the kind of thing a hunter wants to see before buying a bullet.

You think hunters believe what they see on TV? Funny.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Precisely my point. It's not about performance. I was just hoping he was honest and open enough to admit it.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You think hunters believe what they see on TV? Funny.
I think it's funny you think people DON'T believe what they see on TV. Answer me this: Why do companies spend millions of dollars a year in advertising?

90% of the ML hunters I talk to outside these forums use the products they've seen on TV or referred to them by a friend who seen it on TV. When I ask them why they use a product I almost ALWAYS get the same response. "Well, that's what [enter TV hunter's name here] uses."
Old 10-26-2011, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Precisely my point. It's not about performance. I was just hoping he was honest and open enough to admit it.
I don't get this? Honest about what? As far as I know. he hasn't lost an animal to a PB. You can't say they aren't accurate.

I honestly believe that a lot of the negative stories you read about PB's are hunter error. Someone claims they made a perfect shot and the animal ran away and was never found. Why should we believe they made a perfect shot if the animal got a way? He might have hit it in the butt. Butt shots don't kill.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it's funny you think people DON'T believe what they see on TV. Answer me this: Why do companies spend millions of dollars a year in advertising?

90% of the ML hunters I talk to outside these forums use the products they've seen on TV or referred to them by a friend who seen it on TV. When I ask them why they use a product I almost ALWAYS get the same response. "Well, that's what [enter TV hunter's name here] uses."
Do you? Then you must own a Bone Collector.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I don't get this? Honest about what? As far as I know. he hasn't lost an animal to a PB. You can't say they aren't accurate.

I honestly believe that a lot of the negative stories you read about PB's are hunter error. Someone claims they made a perfect shot and the animal ran away and was never found. Why should we believe they made a perfect shot if the animal got a way? He might have hit it in the butt. Butt shots don't kill.
Actually a ham shot will kill pretty fast, I wouldn't recommend it due to the meat that will get ruined.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by chaded
Actually a ham shot will kill pretty fast, I wouldn't recommend it due to the meat that will get ruined.
What would the deer die from?

I don't mean from the rear. The bullet could reach vitals from that angle. From the side.

It was a joke anyway. My point was, some of the guys just plain missed, and it's easier to blame the bullet.

I'm always suspicious of one hunter having great success, and another one having failure. It's the same bullet for both hunters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.