Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Pro Hunter with a makeover >

Pro Hunter with a makeover

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pro Hunter with a makeover

Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pro Hunter with a makeover

Just got a new thumbhole stock set for my Pro Hunter. It's a gray laminate from E. Arthur Browns and I absolutely love it!

TC Pro Hunter Weathershield frame
.45 cal Bergara barrel
Trigger job (by Carlos) with bellm #3 trigger/sear spring, #51 bellm hammer spring
1x Bellm hinge pin
Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield II w/ballistic plex

Old 10-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dang that's pretty.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Real nice lookin rifle there. how's it shoot with that Bergara .45 cal barrel?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

I was able to shoot a couple groups like this with it before I got the trigger job and everything done to it. Carlos was putting a few shots in one ragged hole pretty much at 100 yards with it after he did the upgrades. He also tried out the ballistic plex with it at 150, 180, and 200 yards and it was on the money.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is a pretty rifle Chaded. And looks like it shoots well tool. I guess if anyone was going to go that route they would be better off just buying an Encore frame and purchasing the barrel and stock separately as opposed to buying a complete Encore. Or maybe buying an Encore with a centerfire barrel and then a Bergara ML barrel.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
That is a pretty rifle Chaded. And looks like it shoots well tool. I guess if anyone was going to go that route they would be better off just buying an Encore frame and purchasing the barrel and stock separately as opposed to buying a complete Encore. Or maybe buying an Encore with a centerfire barrel and then a Bergara ML barrel.
Thanks, Your right if someone wanted to go this route it is much cheaper to just get the frame and barrel separate. I got the Pro Hunter frame that came with a black synthetic thumbhole stock set. I sold the stock that came with it and made up the difference to purchase this one. Not only do I think it looks nicer but it balances a lot better now for me.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

You made a great choice. I know I can shoot my thumb hole stocked Encores considerably better in hunting situations. I feel as if I have considerably more control of the rifle(definitely have). I have a few of those TH Encore stocks. I am sure you are going to like it better. The stock also does a great job at reducing felt recoil. Tom.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

That stock really dresses it up a lot. Looks nice.

Does that monte carlo cheek piece on the thumbhole put your line of sight up a lot higher? I really like thumbholes, but worry that if I went with one it would be too high to use open sights with. Is it a different design than the factory thumhole stock?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Lookin good
Old 10-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
That stock really dresses it up a lot. Looks nice.

Does that monte carlo cheek piece on the thumbhole put your line of sight up a lot higher? I really like thumbholes, but worry that if I went with one it would be too high to use open sights with. Is it a different design than the factory thumhole stock?
I had a flex tech thumbhole stock on mine before and the cheek piece is pretty much the same as the laminate stock. The forend is a little wider than the factory one too which I like because I feel like it holds better. I'm sold on the laminate thumbholes now lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.