HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Pro Hunter with a makeover (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/352122-pro-hunter-makeover.html)

chaded 10-24-2011 12:29 PM

Pro Hunter with a makeover

Just got a new thumbhole stock set for my Pro Hunter. It's a gray laminate from E. Arthur Browns and I absolutely love it!

TC Pro Hunter Weathershield frame
.45 cal Bergara barrel
Trigger job (by Carlos) with bellm #3 trigger/sear spring, #51 bellm hammer spring
1x Bellm hinge pin
Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield II w/ballistic plex

Semisane 10-24-2011 12:34 PM

Dang that's pretty.

builder459 10-24-2011 12:39 PM

Real nice lookin rifle there. how's it shoot with that Bergara .45 cal barrel?

chaded 10-24-2011 12:42 PM

I was able to shoot a couple groups like this with it before I got the trigger job and everything done to it. Carlos was putting a few shots in one ragged hole pretty much at 100 yards with it after he did the upgrades. He also tried out the ballistic plex with it at 150, 180, and 200 yards and it was on the money.

bronko22000 10-24-2011 01:15 PM

That is a pretty rifle Chaded. And looks like it shoots well tool. I guess if anyone was going to go that route they would be better off just buying an Encore frame and purchasing the barrel and stock separately as opposed to buying a complete Encore. Or maybe buying an Encore with a centerfire barrel and then a Bergara ML barrel.

chaded 10-24-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 3865790)
That is a pretty rifle Chaded. And looks like it shoots well tool. I guess if anyone was going to go that route they would be better off just buying an Encore frame and purchasing the barrel and stock separately as opposed to buying a complete Encore. Or maybe buying an Encore with a centerfire barrel and then a Bergara ML barrel.

Thanks, Your right if someone wanted to go this route it is much cheaper to just get the frame and barrel separate. I got the Pro Hunter frame that came with a black synthetic thumbhole stock set. I sold the stock that came with it and made up the difference to purchase this one. Not only do I think it looks nicer but it balances a lot better now for me.

HEAD0001 10-24-2011 05:27 PM

You made a great choice. I know I can shoot my thumb hole stocked Encores considerably better in hunting situations. I feel as if I have considerably more control of the rifle(definitely have). I have a few of those TH Encore stocks. I am sure you are going to like it better. The stock also does a great job at reducing felt recoil. Tom.

SuperKirby 10-25-2011 05:29 AM

That stock really dresses it up a lot. Looks nice.

Does that monte carlo cheek piece on the thumbhole put your line of sight up a lot higher? I really like thumbholes, but worry that if I went with one it would be too high to use open sights with. Is it a different design than the factory thumhole stock?

Nimrodder 10-25-2011 07:14 AM

Lookin good:cool2:

chaded 10-25-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by SuperKirby (Post 3866110)
That stock really dresses it up a lot. Looks nice.

Does that monte carlo cheek piece on the thumbhole put your line of sight up a lot higher? I really like thumbholes, but worry that if I went with one it would be too high to use open sights with. Is it a different design than the factory thumhole stock?

I had a flex tech thumbhole stock on mine before and the cheek piece is pretty much the same as the laminate stock. The forend is a little wider than the factory one too which I like because I feel like it holds better. I'm sold on the laminate thumbholes now lol.