Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Why All The Knight Haters?? >

Why All The Knight Haters??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Why All The Knight Haters??

Old 10-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why All The Knight Haters??

What is behind all this "Knight hating" I have been seeing on the forum recently??

If you don't like a produt I can understand that. But no one is really saying the product is inferior. Maybe over priced. I will go along with that. But why all the hatred??

They are a small fledgling AMERICAN company trying to make it in a really tough economic environment. And the best we can come up with is slow shipping?? Is that it??

Personally I am a Knight guy. I really like their products. But I also like the TC products. I own and hunt with both.

TC has been having alot of CS problems lately as well with their transfer of location. But I don't see all the TC hating??

Are we allowing personal squabbles to get in the way of the success of a small American company?? I just can't see it.

If you really don't like Knight then just ignore them. Or express your dis-satisfaction in a mild and mannered way.

I see alot of guys taking sides here over a simple product. And I just can't figure it out?? This has always been a fun forum to visit. And also been very helpful in the past. I have been MZ'g for over 40 years, and I learn things from this forum all the time.

Yes we have had some occasional squabbles over the years. And I have been drug into a few of them. But I just don't understand this one?? Tom.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Typical Buck

no knight hating here,,,,i actually took the day off to go spend some quality time @ the range with an old lk93 and a disc rifle,,,love both of em equally! and by gosh they are both really exceptional shooters if im on top of my game!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

i don't see any Knight hating on this forum. i see a few complaints about Knights products and Knights quaint way of running a business.

Oh, yeah; i see a lot of cat fighting, whining and bickering by product advocates and others. Knight will prosper or become another Edsel.

Last edited by falcon; 10-20-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Knight...

Adjustable trigger...
Green Mountain Barrel...
It's an original Disc so you don't have to fumble around with those little 209 primers...
Screw safety that's quiet, quick and reliable...

What's not to like???
Old 10-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any self-hating Knight owner can ship their arm to me!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Haters

I do not believe the problems are about hating Knights. I think the fact is that on MM unless you want to post about Knight products you are not considered part of the members. The powers to be over there SL and others tend to shoot down topics other than Knight discussions and force feed Knight items and pictures on everyone. If you make a comment one of them does not like they all tend tp jump on you and PM you to death with threats of banning and such. Some of them seem to be shilling their favorite things and drive others that talk about their favorite things from the forum.

That is the problem as I see it. I will not post over there again.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rogo
I do not believe the problems are about hating Knights. I think the fact is that on MM unless you want to post about Knight products you are not considered part of the members. The powers to be over there SL and others tend to shoot down topics other than Knight discussions and force feed Knight items and pictures on everyone. If you make a comment one of them does not like they all tend tp jump on you and PM you to death with threats of banning and such. Some of them seem to be shilling their favorite things and drive others that talk about their favorite things from the forum.

That is the problem as I see it. I will not post over there again.
Perceptions are not always reality. I don't own a Knight and I've never been treated that way here or on MM. The people who are banned have done something to cause that reaction. People don't just get banned because they don't go along with the majority. If you look around, there's a lot of people here other places that don't fit in the majority and they've been around a long time.

It's just a couple people here who like to make trouble. It's fine, Knight, TC ect will do just fine with or without them.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I think bolt action muzzleloaders are a waste of barrel space, so I am watching for a new improved version of a drop block or break open. Like me there are some other people that have preferences on such things voicing a preference does not constitute any kind of hate thing. I have not seen any thing like that and hope I do not. Knight has been a good company and I believe that all of us have best wishes for the new Knight company. Competition improves everything in the market places and most of us only hold reservations about companies that have a bad reputation to live down.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

I've owned at least one Knight rifle since 1994. I love the new Knight line-up but don't care for a 27" barrel on a bolt gun. Just doesn't balance/feel right to me.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own knight and T/C rifles and i am very happy with both of them.when people criticize a company for there business practices, it does not mean they hate there product.i will admit that it is annoying seeing what looks like magazine advertisements in threads where Knight or Lehigh product are concerned and being constantly harassed by one of these pro knight members in hopes i will say something out of line and be banned, is just down right wrong.i just received my new g1 ram rod and spin jag yesterday and i am 100% satisfied with everything about it. the shipping time, packing,quality and the length of the ram rod were perfect.if there had been any issue with this product, you can rest assured i would have informed other members about the problems.have a good day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.