Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I am P.O.'d !!!

Old 10-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Angry I am P.O.'d !!!

I picked up an M1A at a very affordable price. Been wanting one for years, but was just too cheap to get one. They are definitely a high price arm. Well anyway back to my story.

This one I got is a Scout Squad and I wanted to put a good scope on it. I settled on the Burris Scout model. The first one I got I ordered off the net and I waited for a week. I went to check the status and found out the order was cancelled. Never could get with the store to find out. They would not pic up the phone. So I went back to the net and found another store with a good price and placed an order. Well it was order on the 21st and I am still waiting.

I might add that I said earlier that i was cheap. Well when I order this scope I found the cheapest price both times. Maybe I should gone with a company that I have done business with in the past and maybe I would not be having this problem!!!

Somehow I must be either just unlucky or jinxed!!! Or I gotta stop this Cheap stuff!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

I always order thru opticsplanet.com and they are always fast and convenient and cheaper than most to. If this company doesnt pan out I highly suggest you try opticsplanet.com
Old 10-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

How about when I went to scope my Pro Hunter I bought a Nikon Monarch and they sent me a Prostaff and in the time it took to send me the scope they sold out of Monarchs so I had to return it for a refund. Then bought a Redfield scope and when it got to me it had black specs all through the glass and had to send it back. I finally got a scope but a month later then I intended.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I too use Opticplanet.com. decent prices, free shipping and quick service.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used Opticsplanet without any issues. However, I've read lots of complaints of people saying they list stuff as instock online and don't have it stock when you order it. It's always best to call ahead to make sure they have it instock before ordering.

SWFA.com is also a good place for a scope.

Cameralandny.com and Liberty Optics are two other places that might be worth checking out if they carry a brand you want.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Im 1 of those that opticplant has done that to. Not once but 3 times, but when I would go over to E-Bay they had the same scope for SALE. NEVER AGAIN will they get my bussiness.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question

I have used Opticplanet and had no problems. I have used Natchez and others with no problems. I am just thinking that my thinking cheapest put me in this crap. I will wait till Monday and try calling the company and finding out the status. Oh well!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Every time I pick the cheap price I had problems. I stopped doing that.

Except for the GPR I just bought for a killer price.

Ok........After the GPR i'll stop doing that.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard back from the company. The guy told me that Burris has a two week turn around time once the store sends them a PO. Whatever a PO is. He said that the scout scope is a low demand item. Could be right I suppose.

He asked me if I wanted to cancel the order and I sent back an email to do just that. Will try calling Opticplanet in morning and see if they have one on hand and how long to get it to me! They only want seven more dollars so I am still i the money cheap wise.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

PO = Purchase Order.