Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Need TC Hawken scope mount >

Need TC Hawken scope mount

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need TC Hawken scope mount

Old 09-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Spike

Default Need TC Hawken scope mount

I have a TC Hawken 50 caliber muzzleloader. Any body know where I can get a TC scope mount at? I have tried just about every web site I can find. No luck! I even called TC no luck there either. Thanks, gearyr
Old 09-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Spike

Default Hope this helps I just put these on

The quick release system allows you to remove scope for cleaning and the scope lines back up when you put it back on. Only thing you have to do is drill and tap one hole for the base adapter, the rear sight is removed and the two hole are used. I have been very pleased with mine.

Base adaptor http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...base%20adapter

Base http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...n+base&catid=0

Rings http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...lease+&catid=0

Last edited by bigge_al; 09-29-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: To add info
Old 09-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Spike

Default scope mount

I have always found them on Ebay if that helps.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

you have a couple choices. wideview has a see through all in one mount design that allows you put put your rear site back on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIDEVIEW-SEE...05040930859525 its good because you can clear your hammer no problems and it uses the existing sight holes. you may need to use a cheek riser though. thompson center had several base options and they come up on ebay pretty regular. they require the extra hole drilled and tapped back by the breech though. older models didnt have that extra mount hole. they have a quick release system that is a little heavy for me . they also have a base set up with the weaver rail slots are cut into the base. thats the one i use. the other style uses the base adapter and weaver base that gets screwed on top. the model numbers i would have to look up. with thompson center still making the hawken and dont see why they dont offer the mounts.

Last edited by liquidorange; 09-29-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gearyr, that mount that Bigge Al posted a link to is the early TC quick release set that had a base adapter and a spring loaded ring unit. It's a pretty heavy and bulky (to me) contraption. Although I must say it works and is built like a tank.

If you want a lighter trimmer unit, you want the simple flat base and rings.

I've acquired two types.

One accepts Weaver style rings (first three pictures below). I bought mine from Fox Ridge. They had two different models, one for the Renegade and one for the Hawken, and were around $30. But Fox Ridge closed up shop about a year ago. The last time I checked with TC they had a scope base made for their octagon barrels, it's part #9953. They say it fits both the Renegade and Hawken models, but I would double check that. They were $44.50 plus shipping, and could be ordered by phone from TC Customer Service at (603)-330-5659.

The other is the old #9930 base sold by TC (second three pictures below) I bought one from a forum member. The 9930 fits my 1" barrel. I'm not sure if there was a different number for 15/16" barrels.

Both are mounted using the two screw holes for the TC rear sight and a third hole in the breech plug that's filled with a blind screw. Some TC barrels don't have that third hole. If not, it has to be drilled and tapped. But that's a simple job.

Also, if you call TC and ask they will send you an offset hammer at no charge - at least they did for me. You may not need the offset hammer, depending on what scope you use, how big the ocular bell is, how high your rings are, and how far back the scope is positioned in the mounts.

Sorry about the picture quality. I took them indoors just now with a flash. Were it daylight outside I could probably have gotten better definition outdoors.

Last edited by Semisane; 09-29-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

I've read that Ironsighter has a TC scope mount that utilizes the rear sight holes but I'm not sure about which TC models that it fits. They do offer several different mounts for the TC Hawken including an offset mount.
Perhaps you can contact them for details about what they offer.

http://www.ironsighter.com/c-188-thompson-center.aspx

Ironsighter Co
5555 Treadwell
Wayne, Michigan 48184
Phone: 734-326-8731
Fax: 734-326-3378
Email: [email protected]

Last edited by arcticap; 09-29-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you get a base adapter tc 9930 you can get a one piece weaver base tc 9886 to screw on top. weaver has a base part number that is the same thing but i dont have the cross match number.