Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Green Mountain 54-120 >

Green Mountain 54-120

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Green Mountain 54-120

Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
................Ron, They pop up for sale every once and awhile. If I ever see one I will let you know..............................
Please, please do.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ron, i wouldn't trade mine even for one of the common SML customs. IMO it really is the best carry ML ive ever owned. Once i got a NFPJ and TH stock it really won me over. I did find out the employees at GMB did got whatever GMB54s didn't sell after Knight was sold.

And no where near all 500 (250 of each) were made according to someone i talked to at GMB.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Ron, i wouldn't trade mine even for one of the common SML customs. IMO it really is the best carry ML ive ever owned. Once i got a NFPJ and TH stock it really won me over. I did find out the employees at GMB did got whatever GMB54s didn't sell after Knight was sold.

And no where near all 500 (250 of each) were made according to someone i talked to at GMB.
So if one finds one of these barrel, and a stock, and a bolt, and a trigger, and a breech plug; one has a rifle?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Typical Buck

The last one on Guns America or Gunbroker sold for a little over $300. I am pretty sure a member over MM got it.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
So if one finds one of these barrel, and a stock, and a bolt, and a trigger, and a breech plug; one has a rifle?
Basically.... YES.

The trigger is the better Timney type with a wider trigger and 3 adjustments. My bolt is jeweled. Im not sure if the blued model is or not. The blued version is more like a BlackIced finish IIRC. The fluting is kind of unique too. Only the new Mountaineer fluting is similar. GMB also did an excellent job of fitting the laminate stock.

I only know of 4 on the forums including mine and one owned by a GMB employee. He wishes to remain anon. Nearly all Knight DISC Extreme, Elite and LRH parts will interchange with little or no fitting. Ive swapped many parts on my DISC based guns without any fitting besides the forked recoil lug for the stocks on Elites/LRHs.

Good luck on your search. If you find one, you wont be disappointed.