Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I just bought my first .45, Knight Disc Extreme >

I just bought my first .45, Knight Disc Extreme

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I just bought my first .45, Knight Disc Extreme

Old 09-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default I just bought my first .45, Knight Disc Extreme

Well after I have only owned .50 and .54 cal's. I bought a new never fired Knight Disc Extreme. Stainless fluted with a laminated stock. I'm wanting to shoot Lehighs out of it so I will need some load info on these bullets for the .45's. After all the talk about how well the .45's shot, along with the fact my 17 year old daughter is wanting to muzzleload hunt with me this year, and I got this one at a great price, I said what the heck and bought it. Once I get it, I will post up some pics, just wanting to get the word out that I'm looking for a ball park load. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It could be tricky with the 200grn Lehighs. You better start out with the 185grn Lehighs and the harvester light blue sabot, or the tan MMP. If this gun is for your daughter, you might be better off shooting 777 over BH209. Light bullet and light charge of BH209 is not really a good combo but it will work.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the 185 Lehigh with the MMP tan sabot out of my .45 (not a Knight). I've been using 80 grains T7 3f as my "light" load. Been getting good accuracy (2" or less groups at 100 yards) and took 1 buck last year with this load. Recoil is very mild. Might be a good place to start out. I would not use the 200 Lehigh unless you are going to use a pretty heavy powder charge.