Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I have some T/C's that are a Knight equivelant >

I have some T/C's that are a Knight equivelant

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I have some T/C's that are a Knight equivelant

Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not held one of the new Knights in my hands but, from what I have been reading on these forums, it sounds like they really tightened up their tolerances. It sounds like they are demanding better machining from their vendors.
To me it doesn't matter if they contract out a lot or all of their parts as long as they are made right. I know White rifles also had a lot of their parts and barrels made. The important thing to me is that it is all done right. The closer the tolerances are in all the parts and in the barrel to stock fit the more accurate the rifle ought to be in my opinion.
Art
Old 09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by flounder33
I have not held one of the new Knights in my hands but, from what I have been reading on these forums, it sounds like they really tightened up their tolerances. It sounds like they are demanding better machining from their vendors.
To me it doesn't matter if they contract out a lot or all of their parts as long as they are made right. I know White rifles also had a lot of their parts and barrels made. The important thing to me is that it is all done right. The closer the tolerances are in all the parts and in the barrel to stock fit the more accurate the rifle ought to be in my opinion.
Art
Them Whites are still exceptional guns today also and talk about accuracy...

Underclocked posted this 200 yard group with a White and caps... the best part most all Whites would do this day in and day out... and I have to throw this in.... I think history shows that Doc White use to work with Tony Knight back in the MK daze... This incorrect... Art remembers the right information hoping he will post a correction...

Last edited by sabotloader; 09-18-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

whooowheee dat iz a gud shoooter, mazbe sumun shouldz say i trust white and youz shouldz two...2 hunert and twenntee yardz unda two inch.... and with a funky crowne clerke barrel and a plunger action...
Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
whooowheee dat iz a gud shoooter, mazbe sumun shouldz say i trust white and youz shouldz two...2 hunert and twenntee yardz unda two inch.... and with a funky crowne clerke barrel and a plunger action...
We use to all the time - it is just to bad Doc could not compete with the foreign markets and still offer the quality that he would not compromise... forced him to sell and retire...

Knight had won this for many years at Manufactures shooting championships... but a few years ago Doc's team really stumped them - out shot them something terrible...

This was the 2006 White team....

That’s me, Doc White, on the left, then Rusty Cottrell, Lowell Crane, Merle Crane, David Jones and Steven Dick. The four with the rifles were the shooters, I got to cheer, while Steve managed the spotting scope and was handy in case we needed him as an alternate shooter. David Jones was the #1 individual shooter, Rusty was #2. The Crane brothers were # 6 & 7. Obviously, all are fine shots. The White team established a new record for the match, shooting 1132- 14X, eclipsing the old record of 1101-8X set in 2005 by the Knight team. David Jones also shot a new individual record for the match, shooting a 291-3X. He missed 9 points out of 300. WOW! It is hard for me to express how proud I am of this team of shooters. Their dedication to the task was exemplary. No one will ever know how many hours of practice it took to do this, let alone the mind control and discipline. They have my hearty thanks, little reward for their mighty accomplishment. The match was discontinued after White cleaned everyone's clock. I guess we get to keep the trophy.

Last edited by sabotloader; 09-18-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sabotloader
... and I have to throw this in.... I think history shows that Doc White use to work for Tony Knight back in the MK daze...

You have got to be kidding, right?

Doc is not just a name, Doc is a DOCTOR, a surgeon to be exact. He actually designed the Super-91 back in the 60's. David "Gumby" Gumucio (G-Series rifle), White Muzzleloading Systems CEO (early to mid 90's), used to work for Tony Knight.

Originally Posted by sabotloader
We use to all the time - it is just to bad Doc could not compete with the foreign markets and still offer the quality that he would not compromise... forced him to sell and retire...

Again, you have got to be kidding? Knight suing Doc White, which Doc won by the way, is what caused him to sell. Knight had more money to spend on Lawyers, even though they lost the (battle) lawsuit , they actually won the war (survival). Retire? Doc is a surgeon, and was still practicing just a couple years ago, and still may be today.

WOW! You sure had a different history teacher than I did!

Last edited by badbowbender2; 09-18-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I honestly don't think doc worked for Tony Knight. David Gumucio (not sure of the spelling) did work closely with Tony Knight and then he left and went to work with Doc. The G-series rifles get their name from him. I know after Gumby left Knight and went to work with Doc there was some very bad feelings. The lawsuit Tony filed against White followed and the rest is history.
Art
Old 09-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

badbowbender2

Sorry, i was going from memory a long time ago... i new there was a Knight connection and I thought Doc was it but flounder corrected my mistake. i have often talked to Doc on the phone with a of questions about Whites. I never addressed the work history or the claims that Knight made about infringements on Knight's designs - I was incorrect and if you look at the post went back and said i was incorrect. We did talk about his selling Knight but he indicated that he could not afford to keep the company and compete... He was also using foreign imports in the discussion.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

was just wandering, what buried this thread so quick??? I was hoping to get more input on everyones opinion to chet original post, not the white posts....
Old 09-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Threads are like mold and mildew. They grow in any direction they can and die for no discernible reason.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Semisane
Threads are like mold and mildew. They grow in any direction they can and die for no discernible reason.
Amen Brother

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.