Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I trust Knights and you should to. >

I trust Knights and you should to.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I trust Knights and you should to.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I trust Knights and you should to.

Today started out very interesting at the range. I got to shoot one shot down range and had to pack up and leave. Yes it was a pain in the butt.

I decided to go up to some private property and finish my shooting. The first gun up was the 50cal Knight Mountaineer. The load was the 250grn Bloodline, Harvester sabot, Winchester primer, 120grns of BH209 by volume. I will note the bullet at the range was the one about A 1/2 inch to the right. The next to off the hood of the car are touching.

The next gun up was the Knight Elite 45. I needed to get this gun ready for my father this November. The load was 200grn Lehigh, harvester sabot, Winchester primer, 130grns by volume of BH209. I will note, 120grns by volume just would not group in this gun.

You want to spend some money and buy what i think is the best ML today, Look at the Mountaineer. Money is tight and still want a great ML, look around for either a 45 or 50 Knight Disc Elite. Money is really tight and you like break action muzzleloaders, you just cant beat a Knight Vision in quality and price.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Dominant Buck

nice shooting.. them knights are a good rifle.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Grouse45

Ok I do not know how you and Chet shoot that well off the hood of a vehicle.... I know I use to shoot off the hood in the old days all the time... but now that I am old I really do prefer a bench...
Old 09-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

That sure is some good shooting and them knights are a really good shooters.. but i still have seen a CVA shoot groups like that so i am not sure what the meaning of this post is..

Are you still trying to say only a Knight can shoot this well?? I would really love to see proof to this.... because I can not see where this is any better groups from any other modern MLer....

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 09-17-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, that's some good shooting.

BTW: The name on the gun has very little to do with accuracy, neither does the price. My cheap old CVA Mag Hunter does just as well. So does my TC Black Diamond.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

That's my point Falcon..... but, there are others that will agrue otherwise...
Old 09-17-2011, 03:59 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
That's my point Falcon..... but, there are others that will agrue otherwise...
Out of all the muzzleloaders I have shot , which is close to 50 different ones I have to respectfully disagree. Yes there are many that will group good but I can honestly say at this point none measure up to the Mountaineer. If a person had a chance to shoot one for a while they wouldn't complain about the price they would either save til they could get one or sell what they have to get one. Just my opinion of course, but based on experience. As matter of fact I regret getting my wife a Long Range Hunter now . I should have waited and got her a Mountaineer.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:07 PM
mountaineer magic

And for the record, I owned and like Knight rifles years before I ever heard of and encountered Grouse or Sabotloader. It is a preference that developed on it's own not because of someone's influence

Old 09-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chetmarks
And for the record, I owned and like Knight rifles years before I ever heard of and encountered Grouse or Sabotloader. It is a preference that developed on it's own not because of someone's influence
Kinda funny... I was devoted TC Omega owner til I got my forst Knight DISC and even then that was an Extreme MHC on sale from Finn Fur & Feather...
Old 09-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
Out of all the muzzleloaders I have shot , which is close to 50 different ones I have to respectfully disagree. Yes there are many that will group good but I can honestly say at this point none measure up to the Mountaineer. If a person had a chance to shoot one for a while they wouldn't complain about the price they would either save til they could get one or sell what they have to get one. Just my opinion of course, but based on experience. As matter of fact I regret getting my wife a Long Range Hunter now . I should have waited and got her a Mountaineer.

I will agree that is a good quality built gun but, as far as accuracy goes... there has still not been any proof on this forum or any other to prove that a knight is any more accurate than any other... So, seem to me as ausual it is just a preference to the shooter... i have yet to see a better 3 shot group at a 100yds. then the one that omega45 posted from his Omega and until i see one from a knight better than this three shot group, we all will just have to disagree about having to have a Knight to shoot tight groups.... That or maybe i need to get them grouse colored glasses....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.