Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
LittleHorn draws first blood >

LittleHorn draws first blood

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

LittleHorn draws first blood

Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chetmarks
will try again later... sorry
Well maybe it is telling me something.... if the bullet entered on the right side of the jug and traveled to the left or you hand...

If it did go that way - then that extra hole in the jug above the bullet path MAY have been caused by a pellet to be coming off - so maybe it is traveling fast enough.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:47 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Well maybe it is telling me something.... if the bullet entered on the right side of the jug and traveled to the left or you hand...

If it did go that way - then that extra hole in the jug above the bullet path MAY have been caused by a pellet to be coming off - so maybe it is traveling fast enough.
Actully I turned the jug to take the picture. It was a bad shot as I grazed the left side of the jug. I didn't get an entry exit shot just the edge of the jug

Old 09-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chetmarks
OOPS That didn't work out. Good thing I wasnt shooting at a deer
Look at this picture... if I have the entrance hole in the right place... then I think the bullet may have worked internally. It was just lacking a lot umph! at the target because of the lower velocity.

Also remember when shooting a Lehigh/Bloodline - you will not get the large exit hole as you do with a mushrooming bullet. Once the bullet looses it's petals it just because a sharp edged turning cutting, hydrostatic pressure causing Kieth Nose Conical....

Old 09-13-2011, 02:29 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Look at this picture... if I have the entrance hole in the right place... then I think the bullet may have worked internally. It was just lacking a lot umph! at the target because of the lower velocity.

Also remember when shooting a Lehigh/Bloodline - you will not get the large exit hole as you do with a mushrooming bullet. Once the bullet looses it's petals it just because a sharp edged turning cutting, hydrostatic pressure causing Kieth Nose Conical....

the picture is labeled right. That is the entrance

Old 09-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

CSI-Idaho?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
CSI-Idaho?
NCIS... make sure you git the N part of that correctly I wer in da Navy... wit the Marines on board ship also...
Old 09-13-2011, 06:44 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

That's an awesome hunt and a darn fine shot. Can't wait till my son gets to take one with the crossbow. Hoping to have that happen this year.....want him to get bitten by the bug early.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:59 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by dpv
That's an awesome hunt and a darn fine shot. Can't wait till my son gets to take one with the crossbow. Hoping to have that happen this year.....want him to get bitten by the bug early.
The younger the better . For us it is age 10 here. Enjoy the time when it arrives