Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Too many bullets, too little time... >

Too many bullets, too little time...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Too many bullets, too little time...

Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Too many bullets, too little time...

At last count I have these bullets stocked up:

1. 110 or so 200 grain SST's
2. 50 185 grain Lehigh's
3. 120 or more 200 grain XTP's
4. 50 250 grain Gold Dots/Deep Curls
5. 60 240 grain Cheap Shots
6. a few 195 grain Dead Centers
7. a few 225 grain Powerbelts

And three rifles, 1 a virgin:

1. .45 CVA Hunterbolt with glass bedding and free-floated barrel
2. .50 cal CVA Wolf
3. .50 cal Knight Vision

And the sad thing is, I won't be able to shoot at all until the week of October 2. And even then I will probably only have about 2 hours of range time to sight in the Virgin Vision, and play around with loads for the Wolf. I have the Hunterbolt dialed in pretty good, so it will sit this one out. Like Tom Petty sings, "And the waiting, is the hardest part..."
Old 09-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep us posted on the results with the Vision. It's the only one I don't have dialed in yet.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I know the feeling. I have a huge supply of bullets at the house. But I go and shoot all the time, so that's a big plus for me.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've got a hugh number of bullets also, and a pretty good variety - Speers, XTP's,
Shock Waves, Great Plains, Sierras, cast Lees, some Powerbelts, and probably a thousand or so cast balls. A lot of them I came by as part of a package deal when buying a used gun. But these days the only bullets I lay out cash for are Deep Curls and .40/200 grain XTP's. When I'm hunting it's either a Deep Curl, XTP, or a home cast ball.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:36 AM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by Semisane
I've got a hugh number of bullets also, and a pretty good variety - Speers, XTP's,
Shock Waves, Great Plains, Sierras, cast Lees, some Powerbelts, and probably a thousand or so cast balls. A lot of them I came by as part of a package deal when buying a used gun. But these days the only bullets I lay out cash for are Deep Curls and .40/200 grain XTP's. When I'm hunting it's either a Deep Curl, XTP, or a home cast ball.
I have a pretty good variety also. This photo is a few months old and you can't see all of the different types as the back rows aren't visible. (And the powerbelts are long gone now) The lehighs arent in the picture. But you get the general idea.
Attached Thumbnails Too many bullets, too little time...-010.jpg  

Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

chet - The Quaker Apple Cinnamon variety is my go-to projectile...yours too? Or perhaps the cans of beans?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:00 AM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
chet - The Quaker Apple Cinnamon variety is my go-to projectile...yours too? Or perhaps the cans of beans?
yeah , my wife still hasn't gotten over the fact that I took part of her pantry space.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can relate. We have an uncharacteristically HUGE bedroom closet for the size of our house. It is mostly mine. I have my fishing rods hanging from the ceiling, shelving full of hunting and fishing stuff, built my reloading bench in there, have the gun safes, and enough weight in ammo cans that I cannot believe our flooring is still intact.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
I have a pretty good variety also. This photo is a few months old and you can't see all of the different types as the back rows aren't visible. (And the powerbelts are long gone now) The lehighs arent in the picture. But you get the general idea.

Wow- Chetmarks you own a gun store? Because I think your shelf has more muzzy projectiles than the store I go to....
Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chet, thank you.

I feel much better now. Mine are all in ammo cans and range boxes but they fill the bottom of the closet. Looks like you got me beat though except maybe in sabots.

I have several thousand of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.