Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex >

Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex

Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you will like this scope. I have 3 of them, with 2 being used (one I sold since I have nothing to put it on, but haven't gotten the money yet), and I've had others in the past. These imo are one of the best values in hunting scopes there is. They have great glass, and are very durable. All around just a great scope. I love these things. All of the ones I've had have been made in the Philippines so I can't comment on the USA made ones.

The blow the similar priced Leupold VX-I's out of the water in every category imo. They seem to be a lot more durable as I've yet to have one seriously fail other than one with a small issue right out of the box that Burris took care of for me with better than excellent service. Yet, 2 of the 3 VX-I's I've used have had to go back to Leupold for repair and the 3rd I sold without using.

The glass blow the VX-I out of the water also, and the adjustments well there is no comparison. The Burris wins here hands down vs the crappy friction adjustments.
That being said, I'm curious to

I also had a VX-II, and while the glass was better on it, the Burris still had slightly better glass imo and I still preferred the turrets on it. I can't compare much else, as I was disappointed the Burris was still better at a fraction of the price, so I sold the VX-II quickly without ever using it.

I also think the FFII has slightly better glass than my Nikon Monarchs, but I will admit the Nikon has some things I think are better on it too.

Overall, I love the FFII's though and I would highly recommend them.

I've not used one of the new E1's yet, but I'm anxious to as I really want to get my hands on one of those to review.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Burris is what I have on all my long guns, Inline, Center fire, and am slowly changing over all my pistol scopes. Great optics at a good price.