Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
DIY wolverine camo stock >

DIY wolverine camo stock

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

DIY wolverine camo stock

Old 08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default DIY wolverine camo stock

This is a wolverine stock i just finished painting. it is fashioned after natural gear cam, which fits into the arid country i hunt in Ca.boulders,pinion pine, scrub oak. sorry for the poor phone pics, my digital camera is broken, it looks a lot nicer in person. Ray
Old 08-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow, nice job, i been thinkin bout gettin an artist to paint a certain area on mine as well. blends in nice.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
wow, nice job, i been thinkin bout gettin an artist to paint a certain area on mine as well. blends in nice.
wish my digital camera wasn't broke. there is a small amount of light green on the stock also. really blends well in my hunting areas. ray
Old 08-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Did you use a kit? I have a couple of the LK rifles that I would be willing to experiment on if the process is easy enough.

A very nice job there.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
wish my digital camera wasn't broke. there is a small amount of light green on the stock also. really blends well in my hunting areas. ray
i can see the od green on it.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Did you use a kit? I have a couple of the LK rifles that I would be willing to experiment on if the process is easy enough.

A very nice job there.
No Cayugad, i just researched the colors used in natural gear and looked at the patterns. used to small paint brushes and practiced before i actually painted it.it can be done to fit in with more forested area's. there SC II camo uses the same base coat and brown with a lot more medium green in it. Ray
Old 08-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i can see the od green on it.
You can lol! there are just small splotches here and there of green. to much green in a arid camo isn't good. Darn camera..
Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job Ray, looks pretty good!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned

that looks awesome! May have to work something out with you and have YOU do my optima stock. Its on the way home supposedly, still unfinished after 3 months!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
that looks awesome! May have to work something out with you and have YOU do my optima stock. Its on the way home supposedly, still unfinished after 3 months!
That may be possible, especially since i was going to refinish my renegade stock. i am seriously thinking of buying a .45 cal GMB replacement barrel in 1:30 twist. the only problem i had was with the base coat, it's aerovoe urban tan and i think i got a bad batch. 3 cans would not spray properly for me. the other aerovoe colors worked fine. i am going to call and #%^&*! to them. i had to sand each base coat.after all the colors are on the stock, i went over it to soften the edges with fine sand paper.now all i need is 2-3 coats of Valspar flat clear over it.the other matte clears are shiny and i don't like shiny. Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.