Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Waiting for Irene!!! >

Waiting for Irene!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Waiting for Irene!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Waiting for Irene!!!

Well after getting everything ready for a date with Irene, and a date I don't' want, I made it over to the range for a little stress relief!!!

I took the Knight Vision and had a bunch of fun. As usual, the Hornady FPB's shot fantastic. I love both the 300 and 350 gr bullets. But as can be expected, my Hornady XTP 300 gr sabots top the FPB's. I managed to put three of the XTP bullets into one hole! The FPB's I grouped into less then an inch. My shots where at the 50 yd range. I get tired trying to walk down the 100 yd range. My legs are giving me fits. Ever since my open heart surgery, I got a present of poor circulation in both my legs. At one point, they considered doing a bypass on my legs. I talked them out of that. But back to the important stuff.

I will never give this Knight Vision up for anything! Sorry I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the target, bt will do so tomorrow and update this thread.

Last edited by rafsob; 08-26-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I hope your in a nice safe place with lots of supplies. You be careful! I am worried about all the people that will be effected. All to often people either don't take the storm serious, or they don't have the facilities to take them serious. Glad to hear you're prepared.

What kind of powder charge were you shooting out of that Knight?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Spike

RAFSOB
You have a high tide tomorow night at 8:43pm from the tide chart, for Grochester Point,
it looks like about a 3ft tide.
The storm won't be far from you at that time. It might be a good idea to think about some higher ground.
We will be praying for you.
Pete
Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by sureroof
RAFSOB
You have a high tide tomorow night at 8:43pm from the tide chart, for Grochester Point,
it looks like about a 3ft tide.
The storm won't be far from you at that time. It might be a good idea to think about some higher ground.
We will be praying for you.
Pete
this is me!!! I live pretty much on the water, just off the bay. It is a creek system called Sarah Creek and it dumps into the Bay. I survived Isabella and hopefully I will survive this one!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by cayugad
I hope your in a nice safe place with lots of supplies. You be careful! I am worried about all the people that will be effected. All to often people either don't take the storm serious, or they don't have the facilities to take them serious. Glad to hear you're prepared.

What kind of powder charge were you shooting out of that Knight?
Thanks for the thoughts Dave. I am prepared.

I was shooting BH209 and I tried going all the way up to 120 grs with the 300 gr bullets. But the gun seems to like 90 grs. I love this stuff. Again I managed to shoot about 26 loads and never had to run a patch down the bore. This stuff really makes it nice to shoot the Vision.

When I firs got this gun I was shooting Pyrodex RS, but the BH 209 is the best and I love it. Don't get me wrong, in my side locks I shoot nothing but BP (Goex 2f/3f). Also since I upgraded my NEF Sidekick, I am now loading it with BH 209 and it also is shooting great!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

Keep your powder dry
Old 08-27-2011, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck this weekend, be safe, our prayers and thoughts are with you east coast folks!!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by onetohunt
Good Luck this weekend, be safe, our prayers and thoughts are with you east coast folks!!
I'm sure we all thank your for the thoughts pal.

Well Irene is nocking at my door. She is still hundreds of miles away, but the rain and winds are here. This hurricane is so huge it is about six hundred across. As of now it links like Irene will be heading northeast and away from me. Which is great, but the winds and rain will still effect us here.

Hopefully all will be alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Rafsob,
Im on the western side of the bay(MD). Patapsco river... and this angry b*tch we hope will not cause a tidal surge like Isabel. Forecast says high tide should be okay for us. Now the winds expected to be near 50 with gusts higher. Stay safe..Rain 5-10in
Old 08-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
Rafsob,
Im on the western side of the bay(MD). Patapsco river... and this angry b*tch we hope will not cause a tidal surge like Isabel. Forecast says high tide should be okay for us. Now the winds expected to be near 50 with gusts higher. Stay safe..Rain 5-10in
I hope you are right. OUr weather people had it all wrong as usual. We are still getting pounded and high tide is in another half hour for my area of Gloucester County. It looks like we can expect as much as 2' higher then any storm in recent history above flood tide. I hope not, because I can get flood out if they are right. This storm stalled out in NC and is not expected to move on for quite a few hours more. I am really tired of all the rain. My area is looking at a possible 10 to 12" of rain and that is way too much!!!

Stay strong and hope you fair well my friend. God bless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.