HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   shot cards (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/347947-shot-cards.html)

builder459 08-09-2011 04:15 PM

shot cards

The shot cards i bought have a flat side and a concaved side,which is the powder side? i tried wads in my old renegade once and saw no improvement in accuracy and both sides were flat lol?i bought these for use with hotter powders like 777 loose. Ray

sabotloader 08-09-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by builder459 (Post 3832768)
The shot cards i bought have a flat side and a concaved side,which is the powder side? i tried wads in my old renegade once and saw no improvement in accuracy and both sides were flat lol?i bought these for use with hotter powders like 777 loose. Ray

Gees Ray, I have never seen something like that. I use the the flat .510x.125 shot cards in my side hammers - not necessarily for accuracy but to insulate the bottom of the lead Bull Shop from the heat of the T7 and + it keeps the lube from contaminating the powder on warmer days...

Where did you get them?

builder459 08-09-2011 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 3832785)
Gees Ray, I have never seen something like that. I use the the flat .510x.125 shot cards in my side hammers - not necessarily for accuracy but to insulate the bottom of the lead Bull Shop from the heat of the T7 and + it keeps the lube from contaminating the powder on warmer days...

Where did you get them?

from track the wolf,they are the .510x1.25 shot cards. made by circle fly.and these are not exactly flat on both sides, they all have a concaved or slightly cupped side to them. i didn't buy them for acccuracy,but for use of hotter powders.i tried was years ago in the rene to see if accuracy would improve and the wads were totally flat. when i saw these i was a bit shocked lol.Ray

builder459 08-09-2011 05:08 PM

Mike maybe it's caused from the punch pressure when they make them. WAD-510-A. Ray

MountainDevil54 08-09-2011 05:22 PM

could be from the punch but i'd put the concave side down and see if its a cup to help it expand in the bore.

builder459 08-09-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3832801)
could be from the punch but i'd put the concave side down and see if its a cup to help it expand in the bore.

jon, the more i look at them the more i believe it's from caused from the punch. i was thinking the same thing..i have 1000 of them lol. if you need some to try with conicals and BH209, let me know..Ray

sabotloader 08-09-2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by builder459 (Post 3832791)
Mike maybe it's caused from the punch pressure when they make them. WAD-510-A. Ray

Correct that is the one that I buy also... so your pessure punch thought might be right on the money..

Just a sec...

Just looked at my new bag - I think i do have just a slight cup in them.

Those are excellent shot cards though anyway they have been for me.

I would probably load then up so that the flat base of the bullet would push down on the wad - probably makes absolutely no difference..

cayugad 08-09-2011 05:54 PM

I get mine from Flintlock Inc. And they are felt. I really like them. I also sometimes make my own with a hollow hole punch and construction felt.

builder459 08-09-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 3832817)
Correct that is the one that I buy also... so your pessure punch thought might be right on the money..

Just a sec...

Just looked at my new bag - I think i do have just a slight cup in them.

Those are excellent shot cards though anyway they have been for me.

I would probably load then up so that the flat base of the bullet would push down on the wad - probably makes absolutely no difference..

I'll try them both ways lol.. Thanks.. Ray

arcticap 08-09-2011 06:02 PM

I would load the flatter side down against the powder with the cupped side facing up. They may load easier this way too.
But loading it both ways could be tried easily enough.