Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Mixup fixed - thankyou JW >

Mixup fixed - thankyou JW

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mixup fixed - thankyou JW

Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Mixup fixed - thankyou JW

This action that you chose to take:

Please do not post competing web sites such as TB's web site.

You can Private message anyone who asks for the TBs new web address but posting a competing web who has sponsors not on HNI's list is not.

That was the reason it was edited and why you might get PMs.

Thanks for your understanding

JW

I think if you were to look back into the thread

Several of TBs websites are offline

You would see that majority of the respondent users on this site believe you have taken the wrong action on this matter.

Web addresses are commonly shared on the forums as a form of information to validate and confirm information. It is not intended to take anything away from Huntingnet, infact this same sharing on other internet forums has brought many members to this forum. It is a benefit to the forum not a competition as it seems you are making it.

You can probably find out how long ago I got here and this is the first such occasion that the action you have taken has ever been taken. It has been common in the past to share addresses and should remain a common thing to do.

I myself got here because this web address was shared on the old Hunt America web site.

Sharing a web site even a competitors will not move good people from a good website. I believe it serves the opposite purpose and strengthens the home site. Afterall there is a lot of us that would not be here now if someone had not shared the address on another ML site.

I hope you will re-consider your action and let Huntingnet continue to be the great site that it is.

I am not a writer so, I do hope you can work your way through this and see that this is an honest assessment not meant to weaken the site or cause any undo concerns. Sharing muzzleloader information freely is a huge part of the sucess of these forums.

as somebody else wrote..

respectfully - sabotloader (mike)

Last edited by sabotloader; 07-31-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think that was well said sabot. And I totally agree with you.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

A very good post and I agree 100%!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with what mike said 100%.if your feeling the need to delete something JW, you might start with the few members who only post on this site when it's pushing the products that they choose to endorse. Ray
Old 07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Post Sabotloader.
Did you have somebody help you write that?
Art
Old 07-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by flounder33
Good Post Sabotloader.
Did you have somebody help you write that?
Art
nope! done itz myself... well I borrowed a word from Scott
Old 07-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with it all. That how I stumbled across this site. Without sharing info none of these websites would exist or have the wealth of knowledge that it does. Thats like saying that since Blackhorn 209 isn't affliated with Huntingnet and/or has different sponsers we can talk about it or post their website. Now that just is CRAZY TALK
Old 07-30-2011, 09:00 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Well said - you boys have quite a web going here and I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers. Posted purely as extra information I did NOt consider and as far as I know that would be accepted.

I will go fix my mistake.

And I apologize to those whome I have upset! Sorry!

JW

Last edited by JW; 07-30-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Yes Sir, This is the first forum I go to every time i turn on my computer. I have learned a lot of great info on several topics along with the camaraderie of all the folks who post and interact here on this site.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem JW!. Its good to see you can see the other side to things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.