Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Which Gun Coating? >

Which Gun Coating?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Which Gun Coating?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that for now I'll probably go with the DynaTek. Once I can afford to I'm going to shorten the barrel down to 20-22" and then can look more into a coating.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

All you need is a hacksaw and a file.

And a lot of patience
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
I think that for now I'll probably go with the DynaTek. Once I can afford to I'm going to shorten the barrel down to 20-22" and then can look more into a coating.
do not use a hacksaw....get it done right so the crown gets done.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

It can and has been done

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/ph...&highlight=qla
Old 08-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

the question was already asked....where do you keep it at...
and is it rusting inside the barrel, outside or both?

adding to the soft case holding moisture...the hard cases do it to, especially if left in the sun(case closed), i opened it one day and it was wet!!! inside.

i got luck, unpacking these giant robots i found 5lb bags of moisture remover..like 10 of em..i keep em everywhere where i might keep a gun..the safe, rifle cases, in the gun case, closet and a few at camp.(what we call where we hunt)

they also make drying crystals, every year ya cook em on the stove, they last fer ever.

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
I don't know if it's just the humidity this year or what, but it seems like I can't keep up with keeping the rust off my Pro Hunter. Not bad pitting or anything, just some orange dots here and there. But I feel like I can't go a day without checking it.
I was thinking either Dyna-Tek's bore coat and gun shield or else DuraCoat. The Dyna Tek is a lot cheaper and I hate to cover stainless with DuraCoat, but if it's that much better I may try that.
So far I've tried regular gun oil and BC Barricade. The Barricade worked better but I still keep finding little orange specs here and there.