Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Omega Trigger Group Removal >

T/C Omega Trigger Group Removal

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Omega Trigger Group Removal

Old 07-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default T/C Omega Trigger Group Removal

Can the trigger group be removed easily from an Omega? I figure I will ask before I break something. There is no mention on how to do this in the owner's manual.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Spike

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/ph...ic.php?t=11690

The direction comes with pictures from a very nice web site.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the great reply. I can see a difference from the pictures, in my new Omega Dream season. The pins that hold the trigger group to the barrel, do not have set screws to hold them in. They are splined at one end, and you really have to hammer hard to gey them out. I do not think that with this design, the trigger group is to be seperated from the barrel by the average person. I am going to call T/C Monday and complain about this, and see if it can be retro-fitted with the more user friendly set screw pin system, that other Omega's have. When I clean my MZ's I like to remove everything, and immerse in a bucket of water, and pump flush the barrel. In my opinion this set-up they have now is a step backwards.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you have a Z5 Omega the trigger group is made different and not meant to be disassembled.