Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Tvm?

Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tvm?

Folks,
Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading Inc. This is a custom black powder gunmaker out of Corinth, MS.

I came across them as I was surfing the net trying to satisfy my appetite for more, and more, and more blackpowder information.

I've decided I want a custom gun (already have a production gun). Don't want anything fancy; just to my liking. That's why I'm looking at their Tennessee "Poor boy." I figure I can get what I want for under a grand. Here is the website, http://www.avsia.com/tvm/ .

A thousand dollars isn't so much money that it would break me, but I'm not either in the habit of throwing money away.

If anyone has had any experience with this company, I would appreciate you passing it along. I'm interested in stuff like details, workmanship, time of delivery, friendliness, quality materials, customer satisfaction; you know stuff that is hard to comeby in today's market.

Thanks,
dan
Old 06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Check out October Country. They make custom firearms too. They had a really good review in the last Muzzleloader Magazine. They make full and half stock rifles. http://www.octobercountry.com

Also if you don't want a new custom. Track of the Wolf and others sell used/new customs for a good price. I know the TOW has a good return police if you don't like the rifle.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

I've only heard good things about TVM which gives them a very solid reputation.
They make a great product at a fair price.
It can take time for production to be completed but not really beyond their expected schedule.
If they have what you're looking for then order from them and don't look back. They're that good!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree. You won't be disappointed with a TVM.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've seen dozens and dozens of reports by guys who had guns built by TVM, along with pictures and comments on their fit, finish, functionality, and customer service. Don't think I've ever seen a negative comment other than the long lead time between order and delivery - something like 6+ months. But that's to be expected with a custom builder with their reputation.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you say TVM Poor Boy?? Or Tennessee Southern Mountain Rifle?? Tom.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

TVM makes some fantastic rifles. Especially for the price. I have an Early Lancaster model in 50 caliber on order right now. They are probably the best priced custom MZ you can buy in today's market. And Semi. is right. They are about 6 months out on standard production rifles.

I ordered my Lancaster in late January. So I am hoping for a call any day now for final payment. I am hoping to get in a little ground hog hunting this summer with it. My Poor Boy has walnut as an upgrade. However I did not order it new. I bought it used. The metal to wood fit is fantastic. And the rifle has an incredible feel.

The Early Lancaster I have on order has a swamped Rice barrel. You can't ask for much more than that. Tom.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Fellas,
Thanks for the information. I now feel more secure with going ahead with an order.

Head0001,
Is that a lefty?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

They have good prices for their kits.

Anybody build one?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DROX
Fellas,
Thanks for the information. I now feel more secure with going ahead with an order.

Head0001,
Is that a lefty?

Why yes it is a lefty. I was shooting the rifle off my porch this evening. I was trying a new .010 patch this evening. Bad idea.

I have been shooting some .018, but they are a tad bit tight to load. Gonna look for a patch in the middle. Anybody got a few .014 for a 36 they could send me?? Tom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.