Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Ruger Inline Muzzleloader >

Ruger Inline Muzzleloader

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ruger Inline Muzzleloader

Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ruger Inline Muzzleloader

Does anyone have a Ruger Model 77/50 inline? I know that they don't make them anymore. I found a website that still has one new. I like Rugers, but didn't know about their inline. The price is 600. But its the stainless steel with gray lam. stock. Any view points?

Nevermind. I added it to my cart and it was out of stock. It was a nice try.

Last edited by 50calty; 05-25-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a lot of coin for a gun that looks like it would be hard to clean. I would look at a T/C Triumph or Pro Hunter FX if you want a nice ML.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've never seen a Ruger. They weren't around all that long and didn't seem to gather a following at all. As I recall, the only comments I've seen on them were on the negative side.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Here you go Semi. I found 2 variations of the Ruger 77/50

Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've seen the pictures in ads Omega. Just never saw one in the flesh (wood?).

That wood stocked/checkered model sure is pretty. I don't recall what the negative comments were on them - dirty? accuracy problems? too expensive? - I just don't know. Anyway, they weren't around very long.

Ruger guns are usually built brute strong. I wonder if it would be a candidate for a smokeless conversion.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

theres one on gunbroker good looking gun but no thing about the guns good are bad
Old 05-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

They're built off the Model 77 frame. I have a .243 and love that gun. Just thought It would be neat to have one in a muzzleloader. Also they are standard num 11 caps, but a conversion kit was made for 209. They also made one in a all weather stock. Would be nice to have one.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have a friend that has one with the wood stock, which is a really nice hunk of wood. It shoots as well as any thing I have ever seen at the range or any place else.
He bought the 209 kit for it, the Canadian version which he has told me time and again he wished he wouldn't have wasted the money on since the # 11caps worked well in it.
They came out about the time the Remington 700 ML came out but didn't last on the market as long.
I figure the price, cleaning time and effort were a big reason they didn't last long just like the Remingtons.

Al
Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Spike

I have the "American hardwood" model with blued barrel. It handles well and is very accurate up to about 150 yards. It does get dirty fast with it's open breach area and you should protect the scope from primer flash. If memory serves me right (I've been messing around with Knight rifles for the past several years) it did it's best with 85 grs (volume) of FFFg T7, 250 gr XTP, .50/.45cal short smooth black Harvester sabot and CCI #11 cap. It has about a 21" working barrel so adding more powder did not seem to gain me anything. I had poor results using the 209 conversion kit so I went back to the #11. I have noticed that if you don't seat the #11 cap well, the first pull of the trigger will seat it for you and you will need to try again.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bottom line is, there are a lot better options out there. Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.