Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bedding an LRH

Old 05-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bedding an LRH

I had a couple of guys recommend a good bedding job for my Knight LRH. The rifle shoots pretty well now to 225 yards. But I would like to extend that shooting a bit(paper only). So I would like to have my rifle bedded.

I am not very handy with my hands. So I want to have it bedded by a pro. Ayone have a good recommendation for a pro that I could send my rifle to?? Tom.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
I had a couple of guys recommend a good bedding job for my Knight LRH. The rifle shoots pretty well now to 225 yards. But I would like to extend that shooting a bit(paper only). So I would like to have my rifle bedded.

I am not very handy with my hands. So I want to have it bedded by a pro. Ayone have a good recommendation for a pro that I could send my rifle to?? Tom.
If you decide to bed the barrel and the action of that gun, and that will provide you better accuracy, make sure you mention that it is becomming a target rifle. That will (might) change how the gun is bedded. Target shooters really go crazy with their bedding projects.

These guys have a professional shop for that purpose... might call them and ask about the service...

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/guns...e_michigan.htm

Another thought contact sqezer on this forum he has a friend that has been bedding rifles for a living for along time. He is actually bedding a MHC for him right now I think....

mike
Old 05-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not plan on making it into a target rifle. I will definintely still hunt with it. I was wanted to stabilize the rifle a bit better for longer distance shooting. Not real concerned about longer distance hunting. Although I might do some ground hog hunting with the rifle. Tom.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
I do not plan on making it into a target rifle. I will definintely still hunt with it. I was wanted to stabilize the rifle a bit better for longer distance shooting. Not real concerned about longer distance hunting. Although I might do some ground hog hunting with the rifle. Tom.
No matter, a fully bedded rifle is always going to be more accurate in the long run than a free floating barrel. Even point bedding which could/would be less expensive than the full bed will improve accuracy.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

This gentleman is a gunsmith/benchrest shooter that belongs to my range. I have no idea what a bedding job usually costs but he has prices listed if you click.....price list.

http://benchrest.com/hammonds/

Last edited by Omega45; 05-13-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

had mine bedded full stock and it was just under 100.00 with pillers

Last edited by a1smokepole; 05-13-2011 at 07:45 PM.