Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thompson Pro Hunter >

Thompson Pro Hunter

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Pro Hunter

Old 04-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thompson Pro Hunter

I'm thinking about purchasing a Pro Hunter next fall in 50cal. What intrigues me is the ability to purchase extra barrels. I'm seeking some reviews on the 50 cal and any ideas on loads/projectiles. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I have a question like yours. I do this.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...bc6e1149b2911c
Old 04-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot an Endeavor, it uses a wide range of loads, it is very accurate with the new Lehigh bullets especially the 200gr 50/40 it likes VERY HEAVY loads of Blackhorn with them. It also does very well with the 250 gr bullets in the FTX and Shock Wave brands. I also have had good results with the Nosler and Deep Curl 260 and 250 gr bullets. The .270 barrel shoots excellent and I am considering a 22 rimfire barrel for off hand practice. I worked over the trigger myself and put a Belm kit in it it has a just under 3# trigger that is very crisp. The recoil system on my Endeavor works quite well with very heavy loads but it does not seem to make a lot of difference with normal loads.