Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
BH209 - CVA Optima Pro >

BH209 - CVA Optima Pro

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

BH209 - CVA Optima Pro

Old 04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default BH209 - CVA Optima Pro

Can BH2090 be used with the stock BP for a CVA Optima Pro? I've read several threads about the incompatibility of BH209 and some breach plugs and was curious about this gun. If not, what are my options?

Thank in advance!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

Sometimes yes, other times no. Some work perfect right out of the box, others need an enlarged flash hole.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

PM RonLaughlin and he'll hook you up! He made a BP for my Optima Elite that fires BH209 flawlessly.

rw
Old 04-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Same here, Ron made me a plug also, I took my .45 Knight and .50 Optima Pro with Ron Plug in it, put them both in the freezer for 24 hrs. along with the powder and primers. Put the guns in a thick case, put the powder and primer in a small cooler also, the temp out side was around -5 or -10 below. The Knight you know will always go off, and so did the CVA Optima Pro with Ron's homemade breech plug.