Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Fun poll  White vs knight >

Fun poll White vs knight

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.
View Poll Results: White or Knight?
White Super 91
48.39%
Knight Long Range Hunter
51.61%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Fun poll White vs knight

Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 AM
mountaineer magic

Default Fun poll White vs knight

Ok everybody. Here's your chance to cast a vote on which gun you think will shoot better. I plan on having a little shoot out between a White Super 91 .451 "Bob Bowers special" , 2# trigger and glass bedded stock, open sights versus a new Knight Long Range Hunter 50 cal. I plan on working up the best load for each gun then pit them against each other to see which shoots better. cast your vote now and in a couple weeks when I finish I will post the results.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
Ok everybody. Here's your chance to cast a vote on which gun you think will shoot better. I plan on having a little shoot out between a White Super 91 .451 "Bob Bowers special" , 2# trigger and glass bedded stock, open sights versus a new Knight Long Range Hunter 50 cal. I plan on working up the best load for each gun then pit them against each other to see which shoots better. cast your vote now and in a couple weeks when I finish I will post the results.
Are both going to be shooting conicals or saboted bullets?.it will be difficult to vote unless we know.especially since whites are excellent conical shooters. not that knights are slouches lol. Ray
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not enough details to guess. Are you shooting sabots in both guns? Sabotless will be more accurate in most circumstances. The White has a 1/24 twist barrel against a 1/28. 45Caliber against 50caliber, the bullets will stabilize better in a 45cal versus a 50cal. The Knight with the right load will probably win anyway.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Not enough details to guess. Are you shooting sabots in both guns? Sabotless will be more accurate in most circumstances. The White has a 1/24 twist barrel against a 1/28. 45Caliber against 50caliber, the bullets will stabilize better in a 45cal versus a 50cal. The Knight with the right load will probably win anyway.
Grouse you seem to be thinking along the lines i am lol.i feel if saboted bullets are used the knight will win.now if conicals are used the .45 cal 1:24 white with the right conical,may have a slight edge.after recently shooting conicals out of my Wolverine, maybe not much of a edge though.i am a firm believer now that Knights are very good conical shooters. Ray
Old 03-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

The .451 White has a 1 in 20" twist.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nimrodder
Yep your right i had .50 cal on the mind,which are 1:24. Ray
Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nimrodder
Not all are 1/20 twist. I actually shot a white rifle in Tennesse that had a 1/24 twist that was a 45cal. Not sure but i thought it was a Super91. I guess it could of been custom made????
Old 03-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
Grouse you seem to be thinking along the lines i am lol.i feel if saboted bullets are used the knight will win.now if conicals are used the .45 cal 1:24 white with the right conical,may have a slight edge.after recently shooting conicals out of my Wolverine, maybe not much of a edge though.i am a firm believer now that Knights are very good conical shooters. Ray
Ya i'm with you as well. If the rifle is 1/20 twist it will shoot sabotless very well. I would think 1/20 would be to fast for sabots. It might shoot long bullets well at slow velocities.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

chetmarks

Guess i will buck the trend.... It really does not matter in my mind what you shoot from either rifle, conicals or sabots, in the test as long as it is the same for both rifles.

With that said the real problem lies in the fact that you are shooting a 45 vs. a 50, that is the significant difference in my mind.

The other difference that may show in a sabot bullet is the length of the bullet you chose to shoot. If the the Super 91 is a 1:20 hooting short sabot bullets from it might be a problem...

In most cases, shooting for accuracy, I feel the 45 will end on the better side of that one. Now the fact that you are shooting Supper 91 that has been accurized and met Mr. Bowers... I really think for accuracy the 45 will win that match 8 out of 10 times.

Just my thoughts...

Last edited by sabotloader; 03-31-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

I am going to guess that because it is a Bob Bowers Super 91, you can bet he fine tuned that thing to a tea. And The White with a good conical will shoot just as far as a sabot once you learn the drop of them. Although you are shooting a top of the line Knight as well. It should be an interesting test.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.