Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Remington Genesis with Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm >

Remington Genesis with Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis with Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm

Old 03-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

That bullet definitely looks like a Harvester PT. I thought the Harvester Scorpions were the XTP pistol bullets? Good shooting cayugad.

Are you guys ever gonna get rid of all that snow up there????? Lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Usually the snow is all gone by May.. although we can and do get a May snow storm sometimes. I've rode snowmobiles in May actually. Then it starts snowing in September sometimes, but usually October before we get any good snow.

So that is a Harvester Scorpion PT 260 grain? Right...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

These are what you have. http://www.harvestermuzzleloading.co...chk=1&Itemid=3

PT stands for polymer tip. You can purchase the bullets in bulk from Harvester or Grafs sells them in 12 packs with crush rib sabots for $9.99.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
JW
Super Moderator

cayugad ~

I will be trying for the first time
I will start with 2 ~ 50 gr pyrodex pellets and T/C Shockwave 250 gr. yellow sabotted bullet It was also suggested to try 150 gr Pyrodex as it may shoot better.

That is what has been suggested to me.

JW
Old 03-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I the Genesis I had I tried 150 grains with 295 Grain Powerbelts and it shot horribly. Also seemed like the bullet was tumbling. That combined with a lot more recoil than I wanted and the price, I cut back to 100 grains and the groups really tightened up.

That being said each gun is different and yours may not be the same way.

Mine shot 2 100 grain Pyrodex pellets and a 300 Grain Fusion bullet very well, as well as the 300 grain Speer Deep Curl bullets.

Heck, everything I shot in it shot great. It really shot great with the Powerbelts too, but unfortunately I had to ditch those due to the horrible performance I got when using them for deer.

I've got several big complaints about the quality of the Genesis that I had, but the accuracy wasn't one of them.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Dominant Buck

The best group I ever shot with the Genesis was one afternoon at 66 yards I believe it was. This was shooting Pyrodex RS pellets. Two of them. And I was shooting 250 grain Barnes MZ Expanders with the red sabot they came with. I have never done this since.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Three shots huh? Come on Cayugad, fess up. That was two good shots and a really bad flyer somewhere out there in space.

Last edited by Semisane; 03-30-2011 at 07:04 PM.