Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 anybody heard about the knight .52?? >

anybody heard about the knight .52??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

anybody heard about the knight .52??

Old 07-30-2003, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default anybody heard about the knight .52??

i heard on another board that knight has made a new rifle, a .52 that burns the powder from the front, just behind the sabot, that has a HUGE effect on velocity
supposed to be hitting stores now.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anybody heard about the knight .52??

Probably read the same thing you did. edit: Okay, last statement retracted.

It SHOULD be a hoax. [&:]
Old 07-31-2003, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

The new Knight .52 cal. does exist , but where would you find bullets for it ? Sounds like a marketing scam to me since Knight will be the only bullet supplier until the gun catches on , assuming that it does . A .52 would be little better than a slightly fatter .50 , and inferior to the .54 for knockdown . I say wait and see before investing .
Old 07-31-2003, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with kevin 1.Bass pro sells bullets but the jury is out until it can show it has longevity.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

i' ve talked to knight, its no hoax. i' m supposed to be getting some info from knight on it, when i do, i' ll post
Old 07-31-2003, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

This rifle won' t be inferior to a 54 in knockdown power! It' s supposed to have a stemmed breechplug that consumes all 150 grains & comes with a brand-name 1" thick recoil pad. Rumor has it every sealed rifle carton will have a tube of Ben Gay rubbing compound inside of it... lol
Old 07-31-2003, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

That " stemmed" breech plug could add a whole new dimension to dry loads.

With Knight' s marketing skills and dealer network, they' ll sell lots of them. Extra breech plugs will be located next to the plastic discs and Savage vent hole liners.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I' m sorry but I can' t get on board on this one . I don' t see how it could consume all the powder , even with a long barrel . Even pellets are not completely consumed before the bullet leaves the bore at 100 grains , so how will the other pellet , or remaining powder burn off at 50 grains more ? You can change a breechplug any way under the sun , but it won' t change how powder burns . Going to 2 f would give a more complete burn , but it still won' t all burn up . I' ve test fired my magnum with various loads up to 150 grains , and anything much over 80-90 spit out lots of unburned powder .

As for the .52 bullet , unless the science of ballistics has changed recently the .52 is inherently inferior to the .54 because of it' s lesser mass . To outdo a .54 would require the .52 to acheive much higher velocity . That takes significantly higher pressure , which powder or pellets won' t provide if they aren' t burned up before the bullet exits . No propellant burns 100% , so the pressure required just ain' t there .

I' m still taking a wait and see attitude on this one because it still sounds like marketing hype .
Old 08-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kevin

Just because your in-line only consumes 80-90 grains, don' t assume all models & breechplug designs are the same. There are ml rifles produced today that will consume up to 125 grains of FF.

If you choose to be the type of individual that doubts something until you see it with your own eyes... that' s your right & priviledge.

I repeat! This new 52 cal Knight will not be inferior to any 54 cal muzzleloader that I' m aware of. There may be one or two exceptions out there... I think Knight offers a couple 54 cal/150 grain options in their in-lines ... I think... not really sure!

Yes... the new 52 will consume all 150 grains AS ADVERTISED... as a matter of fact, until further design changes happen on that rifle, you can only shoot 150 grains... no reduced loads will be allowed.

Muzzleloading Scientology is advancing -- where it stops -- nobody knows... not on this particular day anyways.

Old 08-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who knows where I might find some published info on Knights new muzzleloader? I did an internet search and found nothing, and my dealer hasn' t heard of it yet either.

Mike

Quick Reply: anybody heard about the knight .52??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.