Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
that's it my budget for the next month is gone >

that's it my budget for the next month is gone

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

that's it my budget for the next month is gone

Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default that's it my budget for the next month is gone

i had an blond moment. I agreed to an 2 month budget with my wife about shooting supplies.

the first mistake of this down fall.

going into march I only had $28 left.

just order a few items. nipping hammer and a few flints. now I only have $10 left.

i should not have pulled the rifles out of layaway. but i wanted my hands on them.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

corey012778

Budgets are sometimes very tough... right now in this economy and trying to make do on a fixed retirement income - budgets are a neccesity...
Old 03-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My problem is I spend it like I got it and I don't got it.

I don't do credit though. If I can't pay cash for it I don't have it.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

going to apply for an new job here an week or two. if I get it, i'm looking at $1,000 to 5,000 more an year. also thinking of dropping to part time at the one I am at now.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Awwww yes. A feeling I know much too well. Sad that the hobby we have is so darn costly. There is just so much stuff you absolutely positively have to have. Adn then there are the things that you really don't need but would be neat to have. Like - Why in the world do I need 6 MLs? OK, I can see my inline. And my 32 is fun. And I definately need a flinter so I can hunt PA's primitive season. But I don't need two of them. Both T/C Hawken 50s with GM barrels. And then there are the two 50 cal T/C Hawken percussions (one with a custom grade III walnut stock) and the 45 cal T/C Hawken percussion.
Then of course each one shoots a different bullet - so you have to have a supply of each. Then the powder, primers, caps, flints, cleaning supplies, etc.
Add all this to the list of shotguns, centerfire and rimfire rifles, the revolvers and pistols, reloading supplies. My wife would cringe if she knew how much money is sitting down in my "man's room".
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think this all came around after I told her how much just my powder budget was going to be this year.

she keeps going out and buying me video games. which I don;t play much of anymore. I keep thinking she is trying to get my attention off of shooting, hunting, and casting. lol
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by corey012778
I think this all came around after I told her how much just my powder budget was going to be this year.

she keeps going out and buying me video games. which I don;t play much of anymore. I keep thinking she is trying to get my attention off of shooting, hunting, and casting. lol
Ask her to take the money she spends on future video games and apply it towards shooting accessories. I'm not sure what those games cost but I bet it would add up in a hurry!! A little extra cash for your powder and bullets.

P.S.-

If she enjoys playing those video games herself then forget about what I just said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!