Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What To Do?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default What To Do?

Well as some of you know I bought a TC Renegade and put a Green Mountain Barrel on it. I sent the old .54 cal percus to TC to put a new breech plug on it. Also it was badly pitted and rusted. This was in November. I finally got it back. Or should I say something different. After checking my barrel they said that it was oversized. Not sure what that all means. So they did not fix my .54 barrel. Instead I have a brand new .50 (YES A 50 CAL) percus. barrel, RENEGADE stamped on it and all. Including the QLA. They said they no longer have .54 barrels. So here is the thing. I don't know what to do. I really don't want a .50. I dont want to keep changing the barrel out of my Renegade stock. So I dont know if I should find a Renegade stock and put it together or try to sell this new barrel? I know you can never have enough muzzleloaders. But do I really new 2 percus? I could sell it and possible have half of the money to put towards a flintlock. Also they even gave me a new tang i think (what the barrel hooks into). So what would you guys do?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Well you have a nice barrel there. And changing barrels on a Renegade is easy. But if you have no need or use for it, sell it. Personally I would keep it and shoot it. A .50 is a nice caliber.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shucks 50calty, you made out like a teflon coated politician. It's so easy to swap barrels you've just got to keep that .50. Put a scope on that one and play around with some sabot loads and full bore conicals.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

50calty

Well shucks! 50, let me be the first to make this proposal, I am really surprised that Semi let it slip by.... Send me that barrel and let me do some testing with it for you... I will even pay the shipping!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
50calty

Well shucks! 50, let me be the first to make this proposal, I am really surprised that Semi let it slip by.... Send me that barrel and let me do some testing with it for you... I will even pay the shipping!
LOL um....probably not so much. Now you guys got me thinking. Wondering if I could do some looking around and find a good used renegade stock. Guess I'll just have to think about it some more.