Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New project for one of my Knights >

New project for one of my Knights

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New project for one of my Knights

Old 02-03-2011, 08:35 AM
mountaineer magic

Default New project for one of my Knights

I have been pondering the idea of putting a long range sight on a Knight long Range Hunter. I talked to Lee Shaver at Shaver gunsmithing in Mo. and he thinks it is something he could do. He makes a Soule Long range sight, I was thinking of that along with a Lyman Globe front sight. I will post a stock photo of the LRH and sight. I think it would be a good combination. This would be mainly for target shooting
Attached Thumbnails New project for one of my Knights-elrmuzzle.jpg   New project for one of my Knights-mlrh707tsg-long-range-hunter.jpg  

Old 02-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go for it Chet. There's just something ultra satisfying about hitting a target at long range with a vernier sight.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

chetmarks

I have a sight something like that one that i was going to put on a Renegade... I have a question... can you move the sight vertically to given spot (range) without turning the elevation screw?

I am/was looking for a sight that i could just move to range point without spinning the elevation knob.

I ended getting a Lyman Peep sight as it has a push button release and you can elevate it to any given distance with in it's range. Even then I could not get it as high as you can with that one...

Here is information page on that sight - I think...

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/sights.php
Old 02-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

The front site with the hood from a MK85 might be work nicely with that project.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a fun project Chet. How far out are you thinking of reaching?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
I have been pondering the idea of putting a long range sight on a Knight long Range Hunter. I talked to Lee Shaver at Shaver gunsmithing in Mo. and he thinks it is something he could do. He makes a Soule Long range sight, I was thinking of that along with a Lyman Globe front sight. I will post a stock photo of the LRH and sight. I think it would be a good combination. This would be mainly for target shooting
Target and antelope gun . would be a lot of fun, that's for sure Ray
Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go for it. I have done a couple, and it is alot of fun. Also don't rule out one of the ladder type sights. They are also very effective. Personally I d not like the front globe. It just limits the light too much for me. Longer range is no problem with what you are shooting. Just do it.

Also talk to Skinner if you want a cheaper priced one. He made the one in the photo below for $75. It fits on the Encore barrels. I mounted mine on an Encore barrel. TC also made some rea nice ones that can be bought for under $100. I just sold one here for $75. The TC sights are very nice. I have a set on a Renegade. Go for it. Tom.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 AM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by sabotloader
chetmarks

I have a sight something like that one that i was going to put on a Renegade... I have a question... can you move the sight vertically to given spot (range) without turning the elevation screw?

I am/was looking for a sight that i could just move to range point without spinning the elevation knob.

I ended getting a Lyman Peep sight as it has a push button release and you can elevate it to any given distance with in it's range. Even then I could not get it as high as you can with that one...

Here is information page on that sight - I think...

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/sights.php
The elevation screw is the only way to move the sight up or dwn. There is no quick release.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:55 AM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by flounder33
Looks like a fun project Chet. How far out are you thinking of reaching?
500 yards is my goal. I want this to be my "outshoot the devil" gun.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chetmarks
The elevation screw is the only way to move the sight up or dwn. There is no quick release.
I know anyway i think I know that there is a vernier type sight that has a quick change elevation... but I have not found it yet...

Like if you were shooting 200 and now you have a target at 500 - I thought with that sight you could just move to sight to the distance...'

Isn't that what 'Quigley' used????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.