Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pro Hunter FX?

Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rogo
Personally, at that price I believe it leaves a lot to be desired.
Yep, i am not a fan of the interchangeable barrel concept. all my center fires have always been Winchester model 70's. the 2 muzzys i own are both T/C's.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

I can't take a liking to the Apex, Accura, or Optima stocks. Either in looks or feel. Why I still have my Kodiak.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by smokey92
I can't take a liking to the Apex, Accura, or Optima stocks. Either in looks or feel. Why I still have my Kodiak.
I wasn't crazy about the older stocks but IMO the 2010 lineup were much better. The 2010 Optima TH felt really good to me and the Apex wasn't bad. I did really like my WinApex stock AKA CVA Kodiak Pro. Its was one of the best affordable ML stocks in terms of quality but it was a tiny bit large.

Of course one size doesn't fit all and fit is very subjective. I used to have a few Contenders. They were not perfect but they served me well. Im not crazy about the new T/C FlexTek stocks though.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
........................... Im not crazy about the new T/C FlexTek stocks though.
Yesterday i picked up a Dream Season, and put it to my shoulder. Wow, it sure felt nice, but whilst handling the rifle i messed up them rubber inserts in the stock. I fixed the one i had shoved in, and another that was shoved in. I fail to understand how them rubber chingadero, are going to work in the field. It seems one will lose them, or have them pushed into the stock cavity.

They had an Apex on the wall right there by the Dream Season. I liked the way it felt on the shoulder too, but not quite as much as the Dream Season.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

That was my only complaint. The rubber inserts popping out. Otherwise i was very impressed with the Dream Season. IMO when it was on sale for just over $400 it was a steal.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

GM54, agree about "but it was a tiny bit large",
while hunting with the Kodiak, after a few hours feels like I'm carrying a tree around, LOL. That being said I like the way my cheek contacts the stock, with the scope lined up up to my sight picture, in one swift movement. That doesn't happen with new style CVA stocks for me. Something about that forearm also, doesn't feel right in my hands.

Last edited by smokey92; 02-02-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

...looks like an expensive CVA Accura V1!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Spike

I don't know why a person would send that much on a gun when you can buy a triumph oromega for almost half the cost.