Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

How many, and how

Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

An excellant gun cabinet in my opinion is a Stack On metal gun cabinet. It's inexpensive and can be bolted to the floor and or wall. They come in different sizes for the number of guns you may need to store in them. The only issue to be concerned with is not just theft. If you have children in the house you are liable if they get into your guns and something happens. So a glass and wood cabinet is good looking but not secure.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:11 AM
Spike

a few, cleaned oiled and stored in my cannon, christmas present to myself, safe. Bolted to floor. Not the thickest on the market but enough to stop smash and grab
Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

'"so I am done buying more rifles." Dave Have I ever heard that before I don't think we will ever quit always something better or a good price
Old 01-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cayugad

I have a entire 12 foot wall that is a run rack. They are stacked kind of close I know, but that is how I store them. I wipe them down every few weeks, and check the bores every three months whether I shoot them or not. I also have a couple of gun cabinets full also. And now I am leaning them in corners, so I am done buying more rifles.

For a second, I thought this was a picture you took at Cabelas!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Spike

A big thanks to Cayugad. I thought I had a bit of an addiction. I now realize that it is not so bad.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Almost enough, i just need one more to make my collection complete. The ones i shoot monthly are here and the ones that get less shooting time i keep well oiled in a climate controlled safe at another location. SHTF items are stored away where no one else will ever find them.

I think my sig lists them.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-30-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Cayugad, I believe I see an empty space there which would fit around a new TC Impact that I know you like.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by bushbaby
A big thanks to Cayugad. I thought I had a bit of an addiction. I now realize that it is not so bad.
i think there are alot of people that use the "Cayuga excuse"
i will proudly count myself amongst them
karl
Old 01-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have only a dozen or so muzzleloaders (plus a half dozen cartridge rifles/shotguns), most of which are stored in the closet of my man cave.

I do fear many of us have been infected with Cayugad Syndrome, a virulent condition that is believed to have originated in a snowy Northern location, but has adapted so as to be transmitted to all climates via the Internet.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I went out and bought a safe and a golden rod to fit inside it many years ago when there started to be a lot of break ins in the surounding area many years ago. It holds 30 long guns and I'm ashamesd to admit between mine and the 4 the wife owns there are a few less expencive ones proped in corners with some of the most expencive of them (I use a lot) not in the safe stuffed up in the ceiling in a place I made special for storing guns.
All my guns get fondled at least every 6 months even if they do not require it.
I got rid of that nice looking wood cabnit with so much storage and glad I did. Fellow I sold it to worked with me, his guns got taken with a bunch of other stuff when his house got broken into. He didn't have recorded seirel numbers or pictures of same so was not able to just recover them from the Pawn shop he found them in a few weeks latter.

Go with the safe and be safe record the serial numbers and take pictures taking the time to point out identifying marks like a scratch or blueing wear.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.