Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muzzy mag's

Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Spike

Default Muzzy mag's

I was reading Semi's sometimes fate smiles on you post and it got me thinking, What are some good ML magazines to subscribe to? I can;t recall ever seening any at the local mag stands.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Banned

im not sure if there are any offer these days. I think Muzzleloader may alive and kicking but its traditional stuff. I get an issue every so often and to be honest, i mainly just flip through, look at the pics and throw it out. Havent found anything worth reading lately inside that mag.

The back woodsman used to be good but they dont offer much black powder any more. Go onto ebay and look for the GOOD ones from the 1980's. Now those ive kept!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

there are muzzle loading magazines out there. Many of them like Muzzle Blast deals with traditional rifles and the way of the mountain man. A very interesting magazine. I used to subscribe to it. There used to be one called Black Powder that I saw on the stands from time to time. Whether it is still there, I have no idea.

Actually you can learn a lot about muzzleloaders on these forums. The magazines I found have turned into nothing but advertisements. Look through a magazine and really look. 2/3rd of it is adds in some. That is how they make their money.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree Cayugad. The forums are today's muzzleloading magazines and in many cases contain more useful information than a monthly ever could.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

yep, look at the hit playboy took once everything went digital.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Spike

Thanks Cay and Semi. You are right about the advertising though. Seems most of the mag's these days are like that