Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Rifles new lineup is online >

Knight Rifles new lineup is online

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Rifles new lineup is online

Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rdpettit
yea be break actions are dirtier and usually not as accurate. Though I'm happy with my Apex. Lots better lockup than a Encore.
What A crock. The Triumph and Endeavor I have are much cleaner and a little more accurate than any other muzzle loader I have owned and that includes the Knights. My Big Horn was a nice rifle in its time also quite dirty. It shot quite well but not as well as the Triumph or Endeavor.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/muzz...-cal-sale.html

I guess someone didnt sell the gun that is much better? Seems they wanted to sell it though?

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-20-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
What A crock. The Triumph and Endeavor I have are much cleaner and a little more accurate than any other muzzle loader I have owned and that includes the Knights. My Big Horn was a nice rifle in its time also quite dirty. It shot quite well but not as well as the Triumph or Endeavor.
X2 the triumph is a extremely clean shooting rifle, no need to adjust firing pin bushings,so the primers fire cleanly like you do with the "other" brand.also there is Zero blow by through the BP, and no modifications to the BP are required.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Spike

I too would have to agree with Lee. Even though I'm no fan of T/C, the encore and triumph shoot very well and are a breeze to clean up after a day of shooting. I have ran as many as 40 rounds through my triumph in a single day and not had any cleaning issues. The disc rifles do shoot well to, but I don't like the mess they make.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

Well I will go against the last couple of post, but the break over action that I had in the T/C Pro Hunter was very inconsistent. I will admit you will get a lemon every now and then and I guess I got it. I prefer the bolt anyday over the break over but to each his own.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Knight rile answer on GreenMontain Barrels.

Thank you,

All of our barrels come from Green Mountain Barrels. If you have any other questions please contact customer service at 866-518-4181
Jaclyn Botterbush
Knight Rifles, CSR
Taureau noir
Old 01-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned both. The bolt actions are more accurate IMO. I am a real Encore fan, but not the MZ's. And I have owned three different ones.

However both are more than accurate enough to get the job done. So accuracy is really not an issue. Until you start shooting at the 150+ yard line. I like to shoot mine in that range, so I go with the Knight rifle.

What I can not understand is all these comments about how much harder the rifle is to clean. How one is great and the other one is a "mess". I just don't get it.

It takes me at th most two to three minutes more to clean my LRH over my Encore MZ. Where is the mess?? Where is the time consuming cleaning regiment?? Some of you guys are caught up in the hype. It really is that simple. Or else you just have to be the busiest people on earth where 2 or 3 minutes can make that much of the diference.

As far as the discs are concerned, I also do not understand why you would prefer a plain primer over a primer and disc. I can load my LRH with gloves on. I can easily find the loaded disc in my pocket with gloves on. I do not need a capper. Just throw a couple of discs in my pocket, and I am ready to go. The disc is so much eaier to load under field conditions. So why are people against discs. It is hype again. Avertising has won you over. I would bet most of the people who down the discs have never ever used one.

And cost of the disc is no big deal. I reuse al my discs. And they really limit blowback, and I use heavy loads.

Shooters have bought into the hype about speed cleaning and discs. And it really is a shame. IMO the disc system really is superior. And if you hunted with it for a few years I would bet that you would like it too. Don't knock it until you try it. Or buy into the hype. And save your 2 or 3 minutes. Man you guys must really be busy. Tom.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by HEAD0001

As far as the discs are concerned, I also do not understand why you would prefer a plain primer over a primer and disc. I can load my LRH with gloves on. I can easily find the loaded disc in my pocket with gloves on. I do not need a capper. Just throw a couple of discs in my pocket, and I am ready to go. The disc is so much eaier to load under field conditions. So why are people against discs. It is hype again. Avertising has won you over. I would bet most of the people who down the discs have never ever used one.

Tom.

I think you are missing the point on the disc. It is open to blowback and you can't use BH209 powder with them. I have a NEF Sidekick that uses a similar primer holder and has an open breach plug. Until I upgraded my bp, I couldn't use BH209. Since using my new bp, my Sidekick is a more effective ML. I am using 95 grs. of BH209 and a Hornaday XTP sabot and getting great results. Oh and because the new bp is a of closed construction, it is very clean to shoot.

At least this has been my experience.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

HEAD0001
I am in agreement with much of what you say. Cleaning has never been an issue with me either except for the couple of times I shot the Blackhorn which was a bugger to clean up the bolt, breech plug and reciever. No Blackhorn, no problems. Black powder and the other subs clean up easy and the cleanup time gives me a chance to listen to a few tunes and have a coffee.

BTW Why are we even discussing T/C rifles in a Knight thread?

Art

Last edited by flounder33; 01-20-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Rafsob, I agree with you .The disc& primer is the way to go for hunting,and is more blowback free.
I prefer T7 over Blackhorn.
With my Disc Elite 50Cal.with 245 Knight SBT and W9 primer I had 3 shots group in the 5/8" at 100 yards.
I long to see what my Extreme will do in spring?
Taureau noir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.