Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I've been quiet about this for awhile. >

I've been quiet about this for awhile.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I've been quiet about this for awhile.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sqezer
Great photos there gm.
Thank you, i usually dont take "graphic" pics or even kill pics but this year i had been testing out these two bullets in my 54cal and i remembered the camera.

Now i got to try some of these 185gr Lehighs on some coyotes. The Elite is sighted in for them atm.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Spike

Thanks for backing me up Guys.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Just click on the last picture in that post.
yeah, thats exactly what mine did when she ran...straight up like pop corn. good to know, i think when that lifetime trophy walks out in front of me, i'll use the head on shot through the neck into the spine, cause 150 yards where i hunt, you might never find it.
sorry fer bein a dick and askin permission to call "bs".
Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Many people think that a heart shot will stop a being. About the only way to get this type of action would be a shot to the central nervous system. This would be to the base of the spinal cord and brain, not necessarily the brain as witnessed by the congresswoman who servived a head shot.

After listening to Halfbaked, he sounds like he will not see the light and continue to believe what he believes. This is all after he is told of all these different examples to the contrary. Of course this doesn't make him a bad guy, just a little confused to the facts.

But I think we can still let him hang with us!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Spike

Very impressive.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry Halfbaked, but don't think there is any BS here. I took the heart out of a deer with a 275 gr Maxihunter while she was on the run and she still covered about 70 yds. Left a blood trail Stevie Wonder could have followed. You could say it was a lucky shot. But I say luck is that point in time when preparation and opportunity come together.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Thank you, i usually dont take "graphic" pics or even kill pics but this year i had been testing out these two bullets in my 54cal and i remembered the camera.

Now i got to try some of these 185gr Lehighs on some coyotes. The Elite is sighted in for them atm.
Let's see the pics.