Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
t/c shockwave sabot question?? >

t/c shockwave sabot question??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

t/c shockwave sabot question??

Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default t/c shockwave sabot question??

Ok, I was experimenting with my shockwaves that I was having problems grouping with this year. I found that on all of my sabots after the shot. The bottom of the sabot where it sits against the pellets, or powder gets burnt completely gone. I'm not sure if it is suppose to do that, or not. I mean it is completely a round hole the size of the shockwave bullet itself. Do you guys that shoot a 200 grain shockwave have any input on this? Just wondering if that could be the problem. Thanks for any info.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:50 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

sounds like your shooting very hot loads and blowing the sabot......karl
Old 01-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

One of my guns is zeroed with the 200 grain Shockwave and 100 grains of 777: There are no holes in the sabots.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

What's your load and setup???

I don't have any problems with 85gr of FFF Goex in my Knight Disc...
Old 01-11-2011, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Mine came out without anything wrong other than a light gray area in the cup and that is with 120 grains of Blackhorn 209. I never had a hole in any of them.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot them with a load of 140 gr of BH in a special gun and the sabot looked fine. Are you using smokeless powder? Is the sabot fitting and loading properly?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

I'm using 2 triple 7 pellets, and I was shooting a cci I think? 209 primer, but yesterday I was shooting winchester triple 7 primers, and it was burning a hole clear through the bottom part, or the cupped shape part of it. Thats what I have always shot, and those bullets were accuarte as can be, but the 2 boxes I bought this year shoot like crap, and the sabots look like this. Does anyone have a picture of there sabot after being shot? Thanks